COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 500 temp prision cells being built and extra ones at selected prisons

All these years we have needed more of everything,just goes to show if the will is there anything can be done

To be fair, I missed the exchange about public sector workers getting a pay cut. On the face of it, that sounds unreasonable. I say on the face of it, but if they are refuse collectors, then perhaps it is not so stupid. Depends on the circumstances I guess.

I cannot imagine the £10k for MPs expenses (if this is true - I don't even know if it is) has been introduced as some scam to lob them some extra bunce on the sly. There will be some rationale to it. And as I say, employers should be applauded for such behaviour. My employer has said I can claim up to £800 for additional office equipment. However since I am not a scrote, and I don't need any additional equipment, I won't be claiming for it. I suspect the same is true of many MPs as well.
I think our refuse collectors deserve their money, they’ve been here every week and on time, not missed any of the four bins since it began.

Not in Germany. (Edit: Yes in Germany - average age of infected is under 50 but most dying are over 70)

Of the older people dying in the UK (and if I'm wrong, supply the stats) it will affect more the poor elderly (who have worse health). The rich elderly have buggered off to their isolated second homes.
]
Why don’t you change the record, you embittered smart-arse class warrior? Do you ever have anything positive, pleasant or constructive to say from your armchair? No doubt sitting there on full salary or pension from some public-funded sinecure or other.

Last edited:
To be fair, I missed the exchange about public sector workers getting a pay cut. On the face of it, that sounds unreasonable. I say on the face of it, but if they are refuse collectors, then perhaps it is not so stupid. Depends on the circumstances I guess.

I cannot imagine the £10k for MPs expenses (if this is true - I don't even know if it is) has been introduced as some scam to lob them some extra bunce on the sly. There will be some rationale to it. And as I say, employers should be applauded for such behaviour. My employer has said I can claim up to £800 for additional office equipment. However since I am not a scrote, and I don't need any additional equipment, I won't be claiming for it. I suspect the same is true of many MPs as well.

If that £10k is true it is obviously going to their partner who is running ‘the office’.

I was thinking back to the halcyon days of James Anderton, he’d go through your trolley, take out all the booze, any prescription medicines, put a bible in there for you
He certainly would. I seem to remember he thought the Police should be above the law as there was a general left wing conspiracy to get rid of democracy, without any hint of irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.