COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not with the other Scandinavia countries of similar size, demographic and geography though.
Agreed. It's patently obvious that Sweden have fucked up and the situation there is going to get much worse than in Norway, Finland, Denmark. It is already.

Thanks.

So how does this marry up with other sources saying, for example, that the death toll yesterday was 980?
The 980 is the number reported on the 9th, This information will come with the date the actual death occurred. So is split up and up so lets just say 117 were allocated to that day so look at the 9th on the left running total follow that along to the 9th on the top daily figure you will see the 117. Now if you go back to the 8th you will see the 140 has become 496 so some of the 980 has gone there and the 980 will be allocated all the way back for example 5 th march goes from 3 on the 8th to 4 on the 9th.
The reported figure for the 8th April has gone from 140 to 496 to 657 as each day numbers are allocated tomorrow it will increase again as will todays 115 as tomorrows reported figures are allocated.

Agreed. It's patently obvious that Sweden have fucked up and the situation there is going to get much worse than in Norway, Finland, Denmark. It is already.

It has to be initially doesn't it, impossible not to really as everyone else is on some kind of lockdown. Time will tell if it works out for the best in the long run and we won't know that for years.

I feel bad that i am now starting to just feel numb to the figures coming out each day,
Dont. That wont make you cold or cruel. I passionately hate the phrase, but it is what it is. We all know what we are dealing with, globally. We cant change it other than to do what we are advised to and exercise common sense and hope it sees us through. This fixation on figures, their perceived accuracy or otherwise, is meaningless. All we can do as the populace is what we are asked to. Ive given up on the news now as it cannot affect anything I do nor can I affect it.

The 980 is the number reported on the 9th, This information will come with the date the actual death occurred. So is split up and up so lets just say 117 were allocated to that day so look at the 9th on the left running total follow that along to the 9th on the top daily figure you will see the 117. Now if you go back to the 8th you will see the 140 has become 496 so some of the 980 has gone there and the 980 will be allocated all the way back for example 5 th march goes from 3 on the 8th to 4 on the 9th.
The reported figure for the 8th April has gone from 140 to 496 to 657 as each day numbers are allocated tomorrow it will increase again as will todays 115 as tomorrows reported figures are allocated.
Thank-you once again.

I am struggling to recognise the value of this. Yesterday, hancock announced the figure of 980. How this is derived is hardly relevant, so long as the basis of its derivation is the same as that for the previous day when they announced a figure of 881. etc. So sometimes it will take a dip due to some figures not being included, or a surge due to missed figures being added in. So what. if you track the daily figures, you get this:

And this:

Seems fairly straightforward, very easy to see what the trend is, and frankly a whole load more readable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.