COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are we supposed to interpret this?
That was my issue for ages :)
Very basic the every line of the table are each day with all the latest deaths allocated to the day they happened.
So today is the bottom line of the table and the most accurate so todays 823 is split 115 to 10th, 325 to the 9th making yesterdays 117 now 442, making the 8th now 657etc.
Obviously the closer to todays date the more volatile the figure will be as each day deaths are allocated to that day.
Hope that makes sense. Basically follow the bottom line left to right and it’s the most accurate daily total we have.
The graph is a bit more tricky I have eventually made some sense of it , but follow the table much better. Hope you can make sense of that.

I’m not sure that makes much sense tbh, I used to wear full PPE most days at work (admittedly in a completely different industry) and believe me there were no grey areas.
At one level it makes sense (against good practice but "no evidence" of greater risk and theory of risk in removing ppe) but it takes no account of the risk of cross infection between patients (e.g. nosocomial infections / MRSA that are common in hospitals.)

Anyway the cheerers can cheer but I'm listening to Any Answers and it's not going down well. I'll post the link on the "political" (I.e. realist) thread once it's finished.

That was my issue for ages :)
Very basic the every line of the table are each day with all the latest deaths allocated to the day they happened.
So today is the bottom line of the table and the most accurate so todays 823 is split 115 to 10th, 325 to the 9th making yesterdays 117 now 442, making the 8th now 657etc.
Obviously the closer to todays date the more volatile the figure will be as each day deaths are allocated to that day.
Hope that makes sense. Basically follow the bottom line left to right and it’s the most accurate daily total we have.
The graph is a bit more tricky I have eventually made some sense of it , but follow the table much better. Hope you can make sense of that.
Thanks.

So how does this marry up with other sources saying, for example, that the death toll yesterday was 980?

and yet Swedens curve is exactly the same as everyone else!!
Considering they only have the world’s 88th largest population spread out over the world’s 198th largest population density; you might expect their curve to be different.

Even Stockholm only has 2.4m people spread over 940 people square mile.

it seems to me that the figures are being manipulated, it seems the actual deaths yesterday were lower than the reported deaths and funnily enough the day before a hot Easter weekend they announce more deaths from previous weeks . May be that is to ram home the message at this important time

However it really cannot be that difficult for the government to now to produce a graph showing the actual deaths on the actual days so we can see the real trends and the actual deaths on the actual days .
It is to do registering deaths,they can't all be done on that day so there is a lag,due to easter expect big numbers next week when the easter numbers are registered and announced

It is to do registering deaths,they can't all be done on that day so there is a lag,due to easter expect big numbers next week when the easter numbers are registered and announced

I get that but do the govt then reallocate the deaths to the day they actually died on the graph that they show ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.