COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Whitty, it would have only suppressed the outbreak for a few days. So a few more days to get ventilators, PPE and a whole host of other essential equipment.

Either way, if going out in a gathering of more than 2 is liable to cause a proliferation then I can imagine a plane full of people is much more of a liability. It probably won’t make as much of a difference now had it been implemented at the start of the outbreak but if people are having to give up the most basic freedom to leave their house then they should be asked to give up their freedom to fly internationally too.

My sentiments exactly. I suppose an inquiry after all this will reveal everything.

As we approach the 4th week of current "lockdown" restrictions, I'm staggered there is still so much that is open to interpretation. My major "beef" is with the utterly ludicrous, "only travel to work if you cannot work from home". Gardeners, window cleaners, barbers, car mechanics, etc, etc, etfuckingcetera. How fucking hard is it for a government in a time of national crisis to have a definitive list? Too many vans, too many trucks, too many fucking occupants. And how can it not be law that all shops have to provide workers with disposable gloves - at least give them a fucking chance. I listened to a bricklayer on Radio 5 "I'll carry on building until I'm forced to stop". Or dies. The latter more likely.
Two of my sons are brickies. One will be able to claim and the other will get next to nothing.
Both are worried. But both would work if the site was open. One would need to.
I bet there’s loads in that trap. Risking their lives because they have to.

Two of my sons are brickies. One will be able to claim and the other will get next to nothing.
Nobody should be put in that position.

I'm not at work, but our job is essential according to the company. Won't furlough me and it is impossible to keep 2 metres away from public as we work in the street. I've told them it's not that essential that I'm going. to risk it. So am on 94 quid a week ssp. I'll know where my loyalties lie when this is over

Nobody should be put in that position.
I agree with you. That’s what needs to be sorted out or people will be forced to work.

my Mrs told me a story the other day.
A man she worked with looked petrified. His English is limited.
He said he was worried about the virus and his family were stuck inside. Not venturing outside at all.
She told him they can go out for a walk once a day.
He said they were too frightened because they thought everyone who got CV died.
So I imagine that will go from one extreme to the other with people who aren’t fluent in the lingo.
He’s sorted now though. Probably gone to the beach today.

I'm not at work, but our job is essential according to the company. Won't furlough me and it is impossible to keep 2 metres away from public as we work in the street. I've told them it's not that essential that I'm going. to risk it. So am on 94 quid a week ssp. I'll know where my loyalties lie when this is over
Your company should give you the choice. They know that everyone will want it if they do.
All they have to do is give those that work a bonus if they feel it’s essential.
Your loyalties will be the same as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.