COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I understand the way it works is they don’t have to furlough every employee.

Have you tried going above their heads.
These are exceptional circumstances and some people are not understanding people’s differing circumstances.

You should be on full pay if they don’t give furlough.
It’s not a refusal to work. It’s a necessity to look after your wife.

a company can furlough part of the workforce.

Not been watching the daily briefings recently but has anyone managed to get round to asking about flights coming in and out of the UK? Or is grounding flights still seen as populist nonsense?

No those kind of questions are unimportant at the moment.

Doubt it’s that many, tbf. The vast majority of people are doing the right thing. It’s only a tiny proportion of bellends acting irresponsibly.
Sadly Ric its not just "bellends" where I live, families are also doing it, I've seen friends and families visiting other friends and families where I live all weekend, its discreet but its happening. I live in a complex of about 400 apartments, very much of mixed ethnicity, and it's all ethnicities doing it, but some are worse than others, an awful lot of it is down to education, and only some of it is down to a "don't give a f*ck" attitude.

The police had over 100 calls yesterday in our town alone to deal with people not obeying the instructions, but I'd say that is the tip of the iceberg sadly, and they can't even respond to the calls they get, they are patrolling obvious spots, but one story they posted, was they were called to a local beauty spot where 4 people were having a BBQ, but they had numerous calls to this from people who also should not have been at this relatively remote beauty spot in the first place (a NT trust site).

No those kind of questions are unimportant at the moment.

I would think that the likes of Virgin continuing flights to Paris and New York is hugely relevant when there is still no screening process for any UK entrants. One rule some and rule for the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.