COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been watching the daily briefings recently but has anyone managed to get round to asking about flights coming in and out of the UK? Or is grounding flights still seen as populist nonsense?

Populist nonsense.

never mind bolting the stable door that particular horse has long since been turned into Aldi burgers.

Good one.
The offices do have windows though they may not be able to open them wide enough.
And it's mostly an electronic process these days.
The only bit that isn't is the medics signing the death certificates and associated tasks (like removing pacemakers and other toxic materials as well as post mortems and consultant checking) other signing of forms to allow cremation, audit and the like. The processes go backwards and forwards between staff members and 1 death would take an average of 8 hours of admin work (including delays) spread around the hospital on a good day.
As the medics are on twelve hour shifts they will only get round to signing stuff at the end of the day when they finish their shifts. It will easily take 1, maybe 2 or 3 days at current death rates.
I did use cases for this, back in 2003 during the NHS backbone IT programme. You wouldnt believe the shit that has to be done.
They’re not doing post mortem. On CV-19 patients at least.

They’re not doing post mortem. On CV-19 patients at least.
Some small mercies. The grief for families must be horrendous.
They aren't doing them for those who have tested positive in hospital. But those who are under 55 who die suddenly in the community they are.

Some small mercies. The grief for families must be horrendous.
They aren't doing them for those who have tested positive in hospital. But those who are under 55 who die suddenly in the community they are.
Totally agree with everything you have said.

Not been watching the daily briefings recently but has anyone managed to get round to asking about flights coming in and out of the UK? Or is grounding flights still seen as populist nonsense?

According to Whitty, it would have only suppressed the outbreak for a few days. So a few more days to get ventilators, PPE and a whole host of other essential equipment.

Either way, if going out in a gathering of more than 2 is liable to cause a proliferation then I can imagine a plane full of people is much more of a liability. It probably won’t make as much of a difference now had it been implemented at the start of the outbreak but if people are having to give up the most basic freedom to leave their house then they should be asked to give up their freedom to fly internationally too.

As we approach the 4th week of current "lockdown" restrictions, I'm staggered there is still so much that is open to interpretation. My major "beef" is with the utterly ludicrous, "only travel to work if you cannot work from home". Gardeners, window cleaners, barbers, car mechanics, etc, etc, etfuckingcetera. How fucking hard is it for a government in a time of national crisis to have a definitive list? Too many vans, too many trucks, too many fucking occupants. And how can it not be law that all shops have to provide workers with disposable gloves - at least give them a fucking chance. I listened to a bricklayer on Radio 5 "I'll carry on building until I'm forced to stop". Or dies. The latter more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.