COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at work, but our job is essential according to the company. Won't furlough me and it is impossible to keep 2 metres away from public as we work in the street. I've told them it's not that essential that I'm going. to risk it. So am on 94 quid a week ssp. I'll know where my loyalties lie when this is over
That's an absolute joke mate. I'm very lucky as my comoany is ultimately owned by Warren Buffet so my job is secure and i was sent to work from home 3 weeks ago now. My boss is in touch everyday asking how i am and if i must get 25 emails a day from HR about taking regular breaks and checking there are no trip hazards in the house, the room temp is good, ring family and friends etc....just shows the level of some companies standards. My mrs is working from home, she got an txt off her boss saying "i emailed you 6 minutes ago why have you not replied yet!".....she was making a fucking brew!!!!!

That's an absolute joke mate. I'm very lucky as my comoany is ultimately owned by Warren Buffet so my job is secure and i was sent to work from home 3 weeks ago now. My boss is in touch everyday asking how i am and if i must get 25 emails a day from HR about taking regular breaks and checking there are no trip hazards in the house, the room temp is good, ring family and friends etc....just shows the level of some companies standards. My mrs is working from home, she got an txt off her boss saying "i emailed you 6 minutes ago why have you not replied yet!".....she was making a fucking brew!!!!!
That Warren bloke, he's got his fingers into everything

jR41jx6.png

I'm not suprised. In fact i think it explains quite a lot to me.

I don't know why, but it just doesn't feel like I'm going to catch corona, let alone a bad case, which is pretty stupid because most of us likely will, and i have at least 2 markers associated with increased mortality rates.
Wow. Talk about us being over confident!!! Have Brits noticed our daily death toll being comparable to that of Italy????

I would think that the likes of Virgin continuing flights to Paris and New York is hugely relevant when there is still no screening process for any UK entrants. One rule some and rule for the rest.

Sorry mate, I’d had a few and was being sarcastic. The lack of decent questioning during this is infuriating.

The way I understand the way it works is they don’t have to furlough every employee.

Have you tried going above their heads.
These are exceptional circumstances and some people are not understanding people’s differing circumstances.

You should be on full pay if they don’t give furlough.
It’s not a refusal to work. It’s a necessity to look after your wife.

Yes you are right,
Furlough is only applicable if the business does not have sufficient work for the employee. If people are not on Furlough then their normal terms and conditions apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.