COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Business secretary- no Nhs staff should be in a situation where their at risk with lack od PPE,,i can see a few court summons being chucked about when this ends

jR41jx6.png

I'm not suprised. In fact i think it explains quite a lot to me.

I don't know why, but it just doesn't feel like I'm going to catch corona, let alone a bad case, which is pretty stupid because most of us likely will, and i have at least 2 markers associated with increased mortality rates.

That's by far the most telling graph I've seen since this started.

This is why we'll end up with the highest death toll in Europe. An ignorant, over-confident public built on 'British exceptionalism' nonsense, a government totally incapable of getting across just how severe this is and a media set on towing the line. We're a shitty little country at times, and now we're walking blissfully unaware into a burning building whilst shrugging.

But Boris is playing sudoku now, according to our front pages! Yay. Ffs.

Business secretary- no Nhs staff should be in a situation where their at risk with lack od PPE,,i can see a few court summons being chucked about when this ends
I suspect this will be the biggest scandal to come out of all this. Looks like we could lose hundreds of NHS staff, with many (most?) of those being avoidable had the right levels of PPE in place.

If you're going to rely on global supply chains for essential life-saving products, at least build some contingency into the system – either through massive warehouses full of what are mostly non-perishable items or by being agile enough to engage local manufacturers to produce them for you. Just-in-time inventory management isn't something that should ever be employed for something as critical as PPE without any backup in place.

Of course, I've got my Mr. Hindsight goggles on as I type this. But I can guarantee that people will have been warned about scenarios such as this and opted to take the risk.

Sadly Ric its not just "bellends" where I live, families are also doing it, I've seen friends and families visiting other friends and families where I live all weekend, its discreet but its happening. I live in a complex of about 400 apartments, very much of mixed ethnicity, and it's all ethnicities doing it, but some are worse than others, an awful lot of it is down to education, and only some of it is down to a "don't give a f*ck" attitude.

The police had over 100 calls yesterday in our town alone to deal with people not obeying the instructions, but I'd say that is the tip of the iceberg sadly, and they can't even respond to the calls they get, they are patrolling obvious spots, but one story they posted, was they were called to a local beauty spot where 4 people were having a BBQ, but they had numerous calls to this from people who also should not have been at this relatively remote beauty spot in the first place (a NT trust site).

all NT trust properties and gardens are closed.

I would think that the likes of Virgin continuing flights to Paris and New York is hugely relevant when there is still no screening process for any UK entrants. One rule some and rule for the rest.

where do you get that from?
There have been no Virgin flights to Europe or the UK for days.

That's an absolute joke mate. I'm very lucky as my comoany is ultimately owned by Warren Buffet so my job is secure and i was sent to work from home 3 weeks ago now. My boss is in touch everyday asking how i am and if i must get 25 emails a day from HR about taking regular breaks and checking there are no trip hazards in the house, the room temp is good, ring family and friends etc....just shows the level of some companies standards. My mrs is working from home, she got an txt off her boss saying "i emailed you 6 minutes ago why have you not replied yet!".....she was making a fucking brew!!!!!
It's certainly showing up the very best and worst of employers. Mine has been very similar to yours. They acted weeks before government mandates to work from home were implemented and I'll remain very impressed with the way they've behaved even if they eventually let me go. I genuinely don't think they could have handled things any better.

I guess their perspective was aided by being a global company, as they saw the initial effects on offices in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc. and decided to be proactive.

Meanwhile, I've heard some absolute horror stories of how other companies have been behaving. I hope their employees remember this and get out of those places at the very earliest opportunity (which sadly is likely to be a long time off yet).

I suspect this will be the biggest scandal to come out of all this. Looks like we could lose hundreds of NHS staff, with many (most?) of those being avoidable had the right levels of PPE in place.

If you're going to rely on global supply chains for essential life-saving products, at least build some contingency into the system – either through massive warehouses full of what are mostly non-perishable items or by being agile enough to engage local manufacturers to produce them for you. Just-in-time inventory management isn't something that should ever be employed for something as critical as PPE without any backup in place.

Of course, I've got my Mr. Hindsight goggles on as I type this. But I can guarantee that people will have been warned about scenarios such as this and opted to take the risk.
I wonder if the need to wipe off the NHS debt had something to do with PPE etc. not being readily available from suppliers?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52255863

‘Coronavirus: Ethnic minorities 'are a third' of patients’

Cultural factors must be having an impact, e.g multi generational households.
Another important factor - which seems to be genetic as much as cultural - is that people of South Asian ethnicity (mainly the Indian sub-continent) are about six times more likely to be diabetic than ethnic British people which increases their vulnerability to covid-19.

Talking of being warned and taking a risk, I read this morning that unlike for other viruses such as h1n1 type of flu viruses, for example, there were no vaccines at all for any kind of Coronavirus.

Why? Because since SARS had died down anyway and since the r&d was expensive and proving difficult, everyone just gave up and moved on to other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.