COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can't speak for everyone and I have less problems than others, but as with most things, once a situation becomes a constant you get used to it one way or another. I feel like we aren't at the same panic levels of the first days. Other parts of Italy like the Centre-South are more panicky because they had more or less avoided it until now.
The general coverage, tv and newspapers, tries to stay precise when communicating case numbers and constantly reports the declarations of politicians and government. It also interviews scientific experts and repeats the usual guidelines. Same as everywhere else I'd say.

Uh, apparently there have been 7 new deaths in my province. And our case toll is 151. I don't really make an effort to keep up-to-date with the numbers lol.
stay safe matey

Well I can't speak for everyone and I have less problems than others, but as with most things, once a situation becomes a constant you get used to it one way or another. I feel like we aren't at the same panic levels of the first days. Other parts of Italy like the Centre-South are more panicky because they had more or less avoided it until now.
The general coverage, tv and newspapers, tries to stay precise when communicating case numbers and constantly reports the declarations of politicians and government. It also interviews scientific experts and repeats the usual guidelines. Same as everywhere else I'd say.

Uh, apparently there have been 7 new deaths in my province. And our case toll is 151. I don't really make an effort to keep up-to-date with the numbers lol.
Unfortunately you’ve had the greatest number of new deaths today.
Hope you all get sorted soon and things can get back to normal

My chest is not the best as I am an olden person so it's somewhat sensible to take "reasonable precautions" under the circumstances. You have to live and of that I concur but playing the game of life can be achieved in a more safety orientated way. We are not stockpiling as I am not eating at the moment due to my Fat fighter classes and anyway the wife prefers chippy tea. We have bought 48 rolls of Andrex as compromise is a dirty word and anyway cheap rolls do not get the job done to hill standards and I don't want to be run over with skiddy pants. Once when we were on our arses back in the late seventies we bought some Izal for a good price but when you wiped your crack it used to slip up your back as it was like grease proof paper and anyway if we are all to die then let it be with our dignities intact. Im drifting so... The precautions we have taken are always to wear gloves when we leave the house and when we return they are to go immediately into laundry as we both gel up. Also we do not use money at the moment as there is too much risk of transferal hand to hand from the fiscal so simply utilize a debit swipe card. If we have to use the toilets whilst out we Med-scrub whilst singing a favorite tune and to be on the safe side mine is currently Suppers Ready by Phil. On exit of the cubbicles and facilities under no circumstances touch the door handles as they are alive with The Sound Of Mucous and otherr oddities because certain selfish germ ridden oddities have a hobbit of not washing their paws so think before you touch. And that for us at the moment is pretty much the way forward except we are looking for a holiday as the prices are getting increasingly tempting. Ysterday you could go from London to palma in a four star gaff with 2 hold bags and 2 carry ons and tranfers and abta bonfing for a week for £128 per person. For us it's an excellent risk reward sceneario as we are not carriers and we might as well go to the Costas and be careful than stay in the Dorf and anyway sunshine makes you feel good and we made it through the swine flu.

Last edited:

Cheers — I hope you and yours are doing well.

And, yes, of course you cannot speak for everyone, but you’re our il messaggero, so I was just curious what you were seeing/hearing. ;-)

Would you say complacency has set in around your area (i.e. people no longer taking proper precautions) or it is more people have just become more accustomed to the precautions and disruptions whilst still mostly consistently undertaking them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.