COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly why things need to be cancelled.

Lets take the Madrid game as an example. There will be people who have a ticket. They will have some symptoms but think fuck it I will convince myself its just a cold until after the match. They will go in the pub before maybe after...

Then there is those who like to tell everyone they are never off work sick, and a bit of a virus wont be blemishing that record.

There will be the younger ones who think they will not be very ill so bollocks to it am off out!

The lack of action here compared to China and Italy is putting the fear of god into me. The economy is most certainly being prioritised before lives.

Nail on the head mate. You only have to look at last Sunday for example. 82,000 fans inside Wembley and it only needs a few of them to unsuspectingly have it for it to spread to hundreds more. Add in all the travelling to and from the stadium on the tube and that’s just the tip of the iceberg where London is concerned - multiply that many times over with the millions who use the underground each week. I’m actually surprised that the confirmed numbers in this country aren’t much greater but I suspect they will rocket in the coming days and weeks.

Cheers — I hope you and yours are doing well.

And, yes, of course you cannot speak for everyone, but you’re our il messaggero, so I was just curious what you were seeing/hearing. ;-)

Would you say complacency has set in around your area (i.e. people no longer taking proper precautions) or it is more people have just become more accustomed to the precautions and disruptions whilst still mostly consistently undertaking them?
I'd say we're accustomed to the precautions, even if maybe we don't always apply them the best we could. There are fewer people on the streets but some still go out to drink etc. E.g. my brother went out to a pub with his friends last night, but it's not like the place was crowded. I met with my friends today, so I guess some people you still trust inside your personal safety bubble. On the other hand my grandma (who lives in a different region) now only enters her usual bar to buy a cup of coffee after one of the clients ahead of her has got out of the place, and so do other people in some shops. Elders in general should be more careful and fortunately they usually are.

S.Korea are testing huge numbers of people. Why isn't eveyone else doing that? If isolation and social distancing is the strategy it would be a whole lot better if you were proactive and tested people en masse e.g. travelers with nucleic acid amplification kits.

S.Korea are testing huge numbers of people. Why isn't eveyone else doing that? If isolation and social distancing is the strategy it would be a whole lot better if you were proactive and tested people en masse e.g. travelers with nucleic acid amplification kits.
I agree but it would be a massively expensive undertaking so they wont want to pay.All us workers will get ill or die while the rich stay out of it.

I'd say we're accustomed to the precautions, even if maybe we don't always apply them the best we could. There are fewer people on the streets but some still go out to drink etc. E.g. my brother went out to a pub with his friends last night, but it's not like the place was crowded. I met with my friends today, so I guess some people you still trust inside your personal safety bubble. On the other hand my grandma (who lives in a different region) now only enters her usual bar to buy a cup of coffee after one of the clients ahead of her has got out of the place, and so do other people in some shops. Elders in general should be more careful and fortunately they usually are.
Thanks for the insight, mate — always interesting to hear how people in different areas/cultures are coping.

I am seeing interesting differences between my frames of reference (UK, Spain, US) that are generally in line with the varying prevailing cultures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.