COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stil not accurate as people aren't tested like those in the care homes

It’s not accurate anyway , as you don’t know who died of and who died with Covid. My pals dad died with Covid. He was 90 in a care home dementia, and anything else you care to think of. He is in the Covid stats as a death. The stats are all over the show globally depending on how the deaths are classified

What next a parachutist forgot to pack his parachute and died was found to have tested positive for Covid , so died of Covid?

I am not making light of the deaths but we can argue they are under recorded because they miss people out but you could argue they are over recorded as this disease Is often sadly the final straw that finishes off people who are old and /or serious heath conditions.

I don’t believe there is consistency in the way countries record the deaths despite what the WHO say eg , uk , China , Russia?

Truth is no countries death stats are fully reliable, nor fully comparable because every country counts differently and add different sources at different times. Even the devolved parts of the UK count and add differently. So Scotland , N.Ireland , Wales will add differently to England.

I don't think anyone would argue they're fully comparable. But I'd hope no-one would argue that they're not comparable whatsoever. They're pretty good at showing general trends and hopefully will provide good information to decision-makers on which countries are getting it right and which countries are getting it wrong.

I don't think anyone would argue they're fully comparable. But I'd hope no-one would argue that they're not comparable whatsoever. They're pretty good at showing general trends and hopefully will provide good information to decision-makers on which countries are getting it right and which countries are getting it wrong.
Depends whether it’s raw data being used to make a headline. Or analysed data being used to make decisions on how to proceed. The judgements on who did what right and who did what wrong is for when we have better complete data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.