COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the retrospective analysis ( last week I think it came out) before the quarenteens at the very start that was doubling every 2.6-3 days which seems to be a similar or little bit faster than we are seeing right now.

It'll be interesting to see if the measures in Italy and South Korea start a similar if slower trend than China's containment, or whether it just spirals. There's going to spikes in all these populations it's just whether it can be managed at all after that period.

Now I'm curious; what differences did you notice?
Quick summary:

UK — most of my family, friends, and colleagues are taking precautionary steps with a general air of “we’ll get through this”. Only a few are ignoring it completely or showing signs of panic or paranoia. Almost none are taking about it from a conspiratorial standpoint. Most live near Manchester or London, so are more immediately aware of infections and risk. Most are in advantaged positions to ride this out but think the government is mishandling the national response.

Spain — my family and friends are generally looking on at England and Italy with caution and beginning to make plans. A few have said they think the government (national and community level) should be imposing travel and public gathering restrictions. Some are not in a great position to self-isolate due to financial constraints (cost of supplies, loss of income as they cannot work from home) but are still trying to determine how they might be able to make it work. A few are planning for how to continue care of the older members of our family. Some of the younger family members are looking to the older ones to do most of the planning for them. The majority live in and around Zaragoza and Barcelona (with a few outside of Marseille) so the impact has not really yet set in.

US — quite few of my colleagues and friends are discussing the situation, some referencing various conspiracy theories, but only a few appear to be taking precautionary steps at this point. Many are skeptical of the actual risk or severity of the virus. A few have said that they have holidays planned for the next month and it would be very difficult to cancel plans (for varying reasons, but mostly financial and personal freedom related). We live in Maine (northern most east coast), But I manage teams on the west coast, as well. Nearly all have work and financial situations that would likely allow them to more easily self-isolate, if needed, but many don’t think that will ultimately be necessary. Opinion seems to be split as to whether the government is handling the response correctly.

yep just made it up in my own head

unless you think the Salk institute is a just a room full of people with y-fronts on their heads and pencils up each nostrils
I think you’ll find I was referring to the other questionable assertions in your post.

The mice age research is non sequitur to the general argument you were making.

i have an emergency Rx of Inhaled steroids and ventolin from my dr,neither of us want me in hospital

I use a Fostair Inhaler twice a day and Salamol easi-breath for COPD but also have a rescue pack of Amoxiciillin and Prednisolone. No symptoms yet but this shit will be bad for me if I come down with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.