COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how fast is the US increasing that lead out of interest, especially when they are a few weeks behind us. Why not compare the U.K. to NY State, where we are behind despite having a great deal many times their population.
From yesterday's UK briefing

xzYCkR1.png

Where are you living and why do you think it isn’t working
Buckinghamshire, and I don't "think" its not working, I can see its not working with my own eyes.

The majority are doing as asked, but I'd say up to 10% aren't, I actually think that some believe they are doing as asked, but they're clearly not.

Examples, and I've barely been out....other than sit on our balcony in the sunshine.

A neighbour opposite has had 2 separate families with kids visit their flat this weekend.
An older couple in a neighbouring block have had their daughter and granddaughter visit every day since it began.
There's groups of teenagers wandering around the complex, clearly not from the same household.
Teenagers are congregating in every green space available according to the local police, dispersing when they turn up, and gathering again as soon as they leave, they've had over 200 calls in 2 days.
There's parents who seem to have sent out their younger kids to play on this complex, some seem to be out most of the day, and most of these kids I've never seen before the restrictions were put in place, and I'm around a lot as I work part time.
A couple in our block have been out 5 or 6 times a day in their car for the last week (its a modified large Audi, so its hard to not notice when he fires it up), he's just been out for 3 minutes in his car, came back with 4 cans of something, the only shop he could have visited is 2 minutes walk away. (I have to use the same lift/stairwell as they use, I'm avoiding the lift, and touching nothing else unless I absolutely have to.)

Another 717 coronavirus patients have died in UK hospitals, taking the nationwide total to 11,329.

It is the lowest increase recorded over the Bank Holiday weekend, after 980 on Friday, which surpassed the worst confirmed daily totals in Italy and Spain, 917 on Saturday and 737 on Sunday.

The number of people who have been tested for COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus, rose to 290,720 following another 15,506 tests on Monday - with 88,821 having now tested positive in the UK.

The figures were announced by the Department of Health

If anyone, for one second, believes he got tested, which I’d presume 99% don’t.
At the time we were contact tracing and testing so no reason to not believe him,that policy got dropped for isolating,unless you are an important person or a celeb buying private ones,bit mean to suggest he didn't get one considering we already had deaths here by then

Still very curious as to the veracity of the German figures.
Do Germans travel less than others?
Was lockdown earlier? Less populated?
There will be a reason somewhere
I think it’s a shame people here are comparing us to Germany. I mean we are similar to France Spain and Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.