COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems wrong to think that we will be thankful for days when only 500 deaths a day are being reported.
This whole thing is sureal,who would have thought at the lovely day at wembley that a few weeks on we would be waiting on death figures and obsessing over loo roll,i keep thinking i am going to wake up soon

Surely social distancing is here to stay, until a vaccine is available.
I'm baffled how they think they can finish this season ?
I’d have though so yes, until we get antibody tests though and have at least a ballpark figure of how many have had it we can’t know for sure.
Just as an example if the 1 death per thousand was right we are at about 10 million and if it’s as contagious as it seems how long before we get to 20 or 30 million?.
Just throwing stuff out there though I have no strong opinion on how many have or have had it, we just don’t know enough.

The only way I can make any sense of our version of a "lockdown" is if we still believe the herd immunity arguement is valid, i fully understand that the Government may not want to admit to this but i can see no other reason why people are still having the freedom of movement we currently have and the fact that we are basically self policing ourselves.

Pretty sure I read about some research that suggested our soft lockdown has been more effective (in terms of delivering social isolation) than some places in Europe who took a stricter approach.

Re Passover it began last Wednesday and the first two nights are traditionally when families get together and celebrate rather than the last night. The whole community was told that this year families shouldn’t gather due to the restrictions. Hopefully the Muslim community will also be instructed not to gather during Ramadan.
Thanks re passover, and I'm sure they will be instructed accordingly, just as we all have been, but its not working where I live now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.