Status
Not open for further replies.
Briefing with Raab , Whitty and Valance

Thanking everyone that stayed at home over the weekend,most people complied

290,720 tested

88,621 positive

11,321 deaths

Not past the peak yet

Review of data this week,no changes will be made to lockdown until we are certain we can do so safely,if we let up now it will spread faster and kill more people

Data

mobility data is very good,stayin ng low

UK cases,only those tested,flattened off

People in hospital,flattening off

Global death comparison,everyone reporting only deaths in hospital,still tracking behind italy,following the same path,expecting figures to continuing to go up for another week or so before levelling off

Nice to see a heartfelt tribute to the dead at the Coronovirus briefing, sorry it WOULD be nice to see a heartfelt tribute.

I think its appalling they dont begin these briefings with a message of condolences for the dead and solidarity for those affected.

Hundreds of people dying every day and it doesnt feel like there's enough acknowledgment for that in the briefings. More emphasis on when we're going to return to normal, which is pretty trivial in comparison when lives are still being lost.

No idea what i'm expecting but these daily updates go on wayyyy longer than they should.
After the numbers it's all a bit of a waste of words & the media questioning is a waste of time, it's like being questioned by 5 years olds

No idea what i'm expecting but these daily updates go on wayyyy longer than they should.
After the numbers it's all a bit of a waste of words & the media questioning is a waste of time, it's like being questioned by 5 years olds

They dont answer any of the challenging questions anyway. Literally no point to the Q and A.

Questions

Relaxing restrictions? Not yet

Why no plan for coming out of lockdown? At the moment it is critical to continue restrictions,we are not through the peak

Masks? Looking at new evidence all the time but not convinced yet,might change in future

Recording of social care deaths? Deaths in hosp are proven cases,faster and easier to get,ONS figures count the rest,if anywhere on death certificates include suspected covid

Will we ever know the true figure in social care ?most people who seem to have it now will likely have it,more so now than in the flu season muddling the waters

Pushed on recording on accurate cause of death in nursing homes? more testing in future (last few months cant have been accurate imo)

PPE,why cant ministers say sorry that not everybody has enough? Swerved

Schools question? Too soon,must stick to the current plan,follow the data,we are in a good place with the measures so far,be waste if we relaxed too soon,trying to keep the transmision rate to 1,if it goes above it starts to spread quickly,in the general community excluding care homes,it is about 1

Critical care beds and number of ventilators are good

Care homes again ,testing,rate of infection? 92 care homes in last 24hrs where it has been reported,public health going in and testing,13.5% of homes have infection

PPE in care homes ? Bulk drop to the areas and then it is spread around who needs it

Does gov accept they should have lock downed earlier as we look like will be having the highest death rate as a country? Not clear as you cant really compare countries,we were led by the data and the need to protect the nhs (swerved)

Last edited:
what ?

you are criticising people for going for a walk , run or bike ride whilst you continue to run your non essential business. Driving around visiting home to home to do your business. Unless you are delivering medicines or food I don’t think you are in any position to have a go at others.

you literally are criticising people for “justifying what they do “ to exercise whilst going on about justifying your position.

if you are saying well I can run my business as it’s in the govt guidelines fine, those going exercising are doing so too. The vast majority of those will be out for under an hour , not all day, nor will they be at someone else’s house.

If you think full lockdown is important practice what you preach
It's a microcosm of the economic dilemma. If the business is something like gardening or window cleaning he should be able to work safely.

I know a gardener who works for care homes - one he could access the garden from outside, the other he would have had to go through the building.

If he doesn't carry on working on the "safe" jobs, he will have to add to the economic cost by claiming off the state.

Nothing in these circumstances is risk free but the poster was describing behaviour by people that could kill them or others. There is no moral equivalence.

A lad I work with rang me before.
Are we still in lockdown.
Do I think we will be at work tomorrow????

Same questions over and over and basically looking for negatives and who they can blame fucking press just a bunch of shithouses but us blues already knew that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.