COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are asking for figures which they often takes over 6 months to release as provisional data , and confirmed the year after, like the excess winter mortality data.

Obviously the reporters think they deserve the data now, even though showing no interest in the past regarding similar statistics.

It's a microcosm of the economic dilemma. If the business is something like gardening or window cleaning he should be able to work safely.

I know a gardener who works for care homes - one he could access the garden from outside, the other he would have had to go through the building.

If he doesn't carry on working on the "safe" jobs, he will have to add to the economic cost by claiming off the state.

Nothing in these circumstances is risk free but the poster was describing behaviour by people that could kill them or others. There is no moral equivalence.

he shouldn’t preach and tell people not to go out jogging and stay in doors and exercise in the house and have a full lock down whilst he goes out to work.

I have no problem with him working and following the govt guidelines . That’s the advice he can do what he wants

but equally I don’t expect him to tell me I shouldn't go out jogging and should exercise in my house , when I am following the guidelines .

Do you see the hypocrisy?

Right. Stupid question alert.

I vape right. And when I exhale the cloud if you like can travel much further than 2 metres if it catches a breeze. Also even if it’s not windy it can hover for someone else who was 2 metres away initially to walk through (I’m conscientious about this don’t worry).

Appreciate particles are different sizes and fall to the fall quicker and that jazz but are we saying covid19 particles can’t get caught on a breeze and travel much further? I know it’s been said it’s not really an airborne disease but if an infected jogger for example passes me at the 3 or 4 metres on a windy day is that really sufficient?

Nice to see a heartfelt tribute to the dead at the Coronovirus briefing, sorry it WOULD be nice to see a heartfelt tribute.

I think its appalling they dont begin these briefings with a message of condolences for the dead and solidarity for those affected.

Hundreds of people dying every day and it doesnt feel like there's enough acknowledgment for that in the briefings. More emphasis on when we're going to return to normal, which is pretty trivial in comparison when lives are still being lost.
I think people may be suffering either compassion fatigue or compassion distancing. Some people (e.g. emergency services, funeral directors) couldn't do the job without some distance (yet maintaining real empathy). The Guardian on Saturday had four pages of mini-obituaries of "ordinary" and extraordinary people - it was hard to read more than a few at once.

But referring to the "deaths chart" and the "death curve" is not a good idea.

Last edited:
On testing,boris has had two tests,one to confirm he had it and again before he left hospital to confirm he was then negative

So has everybody who has been in hospital been tested twice? Are the testing numbers just how many tests and not how many people?

I always assumed one test was one person,the figures are nowhere near as impressive as they make out then

Hmmm

On testing,boris has had two tests,one to confirm he had it and again before he left hospital to confirm he was then negative

So has everybody who has been in hospital been tested twice? Are the testing numbers just how many tests and not how many people?

I always assumed one test was one person,the figures are nowhere near as impressive as they make out then

Hmmm

No. They aren’t usually testing people again after a positive test. Just when symptoms have gone for 48 hours they are considered safe.

• In the last 24 hours, 92 care homes have experienced a coronavirus outbreak

Right. Stupid question alert.

I vape right. And when I exhale the cloud if you like can travel much further than 2 metres if it catches a breeze. Also even if it’s not windy it can hover for someone else who was 2 metres away initially to walk through (I’m conscientious about this don’t worry).

Appreciate particles are different sizes and fall to the fall quicker and that jazz but are we saying covid19 particles can’t get caught on a breeze and travel much further? I know it’s been said it’s not really an airborne disease but if an infected jogger for example passes me at the 3 or 4 metres on a windy day is that really sufficient?
Apparently so, have a read of this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.s...w-covid-19-can-spread-in-supermarket-11971373

Hmmm
There’s a lot more tests than people tested, and that will always be true. Are you suggesting that they’re not making that clear? Surely not.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.