COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people may be suffering either compassion fatigue or compassion distancing. Some people (e.g. emergency services, funeral directors) couldn't do the job without some distance (yet maintaining real empathy). The Guardian on Saturday had four pages of mini-obituaries of "ordinary" and extraordinary people - it was hard to read more than a few at once.

But refereeing to the "deaths chart" and the "death curve" is not a good idea.

I agree that people doing those roles need to be able to compartmentalise it, as you say they wouldn't be able to do their jobs if they dwelt on the enormity of it all.

But I dont feel those briefings hit the right tone, the use of the terms you've mentioned definitely dont help!

Reactions: Vic
I appreciate that there is an awful lot of it but why oh why does the BBC focus entirely on the bad news. How many times do they have to reiterate the death toll from this awful disease and then state that this doesn't include care homes. And that the figure is expected to rise. ? Of course it is going to rise, deaths are not going to stop overnight. Compare that to their reporting of the number of people who have recovered or who are asymptomatic? Not one mention in the last hr that I have noticed. Click bait journalism at its worst with absolutely no balance.

Oh I forgot they have just mention Boris Johnson is recovering.

he shouldn’t preach and tell people not to go out jogging and stay in doors and exercise in the house and have a full lock down whilst he goes out to work.

I have no problem with him working and following the govt guidelines . That’s the advice he can do what he wants

but equally I don’t expect him to tell me I shouldn't go out jogging and should exercise in my house , when I am following the guidelines .

Do you see the hypocrisy?
Not really. He's right. People could exercise at home. If we had proper lockdown that would be the norm. I go out for exercise once a week early morn and I didn't take his strictures personally.

I think the daily briefings were good but other than the update on numbers (which can be released anyway) I think we should be moving to 3 of these a week now.

the preparation and the actual conference must take so much time , not just for the politician but more importantly our two chief men in charge.

is there really that much changing on a daily basis and if it did they could convene one.

even the press are asking the same question over and over and they just duck it over and over as there really isn’t any update from the day before .

I read this article before and thought of you as you have referenced a few times your ongoing concerns and issues you have experienced post infection. There’s even some comments from Paulo Maldini in it with his struggles in the recovery period so maybe some solace in the article for you that you are not the only one going through this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ng-illness-left-breathless-weak-recovery.html
Thanks x ,that is a useful read for everybody actually

The recovery from being ventilated can take a long time,that is well documented and understood,the recovery from having hospital treatment but not admitted with this or just having it really badly but not seeking treatment i think is poorly understood

This goes for your lungs it wants to destroy them and is very effective at doing it

I still feel a bit breathless when i have had to go out a couple of times since and every day from going down the garden,it is obviously nowhere near the acute symptoms,that is not painful /burning like it was but it feels like you are still having a little bit of problem getting a full breath,taking a deep breath in starts me off coughing again,i had perfect lungs before and i am hoping they will recover fully,i am still on inhalers

Last edited:
Right. Stupid question alert.

I vape right. And when I exhale the cloud if you like can travel much further than 2 metres if it catches a breeze. Also even if it’s not windy it can hover for someone else who was 2 metres away initially to walk through (I’m conscientious about this don’t worry).

Appreciate particles are different sizes and fall to the fall quicker and that jazz but are we saying covid19 particles can’t get caught on a breeze and travel much further? I know it’s been said it’s not really an airborne disease but if an infected jogger for example passes me at the 3 or 4 metres on a windy day is that really sufficient?
Yeah, it's just the further they travel, the more they disperse, the less densely they are packed. And they know the more virus particles you get, the worse things are. Being coughed on from 4 metres wouldn't be great. But they're concentrating on the early evidence, that most people are getting infected by picking up virus strands on their hands from droplets given out by someone standing within a metre or so away from them for a good few minutes... we then transferring what's on our hands to our face, and bang. That's apparently the story they've found in the early cases, over and over.

I've almost given up vaping because one doctor on another forum said it was definitely not a good combination with corona. Using niquitines and the spray whenever possible, but I will have the odd toot now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.