COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was diagnosed when I had my mild heart attack 23 years ago -so mild I was playing squash again 5 months later.
When they told me I was diabetic, I said that William Hills wouldn't have taken any bets on me not being, as my mum was insulin dependent, and my dad and brother were on tablets! Not saying it's hereditary, but...

crazygenes

Is there any reliable data on the age profile of all those who have died from this in the UK? They seem to say every day that the age ranges from say 32-103 for example, but what I can’t find anywhere is how many people in each age group have died from this since outset in the UK.

Is this something they don’t want us to know to keep people locked down and maintaining the rules do you think? If young people see a 30 year old has died for example they may continue staying at home. However, If they see that of the 700 people who have died, only 5 were under the age of 50, then they might not.
It's relatively simple. Unless there's unlikely swift access to a vaccine, getting back to normal will be in the awareness that the older you are, the more likely you are to suffer more serious effects if you are infected (on an exponential scale). As was once suggested back in February, the football season might continue - but over 70s should not go. Testing would (albeit unreliably) indicate who had antibodies - it would then be a matter of weighing the risks. The 12 week isolation for the extremely vulnerable might be permanent - again with some frank discussion (Grandad* - do you want to come and be with us at Christmas and risk not being with us by February?). * Grandma is less likely to die than Grandad.

If the risk of serious illness was the same for older people as it was for younger people, I doubt we'd have abandoned herd immunity. But it was a mistake to put the initial publicity emphasis on protecting older people; it allowed young people to ignore the constraints,

I was diagnosed when I had my mild heart attack 23 years ago -so mild I was playing squash again 5 months later.
When they told me I was diabetic, I said that William Hills wouldn't have taken any bets on me not being, as my mum was insulin dependent, and my dad and brother were on tablets! Not saying it's hereditary, but...
Not exactly hereditary; you're not (I think) nailed on to get it if a parent has it (don't know about if a sibling has it). But you are at a higher risk of getting it than you would otherwise be.

A British man who was declared clear of coronavirus later tested positive for the bug after an internal flight in Vietnam.They said that the 60-year-old man, who was not named, had been admitted to hospital on March 8 and released on the March 27 after testing negative three times

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brit-60-who-thought-cured-21866070

I hope it is just a case of dodgy tests as in the couple of china ones
This is where the government are employing a brilliant testing strategy. We can‘t find people who’ve had it once so we will never find anyone whose had it twice!!

How many more times are you going to troll this question ?
The information is online for all to see.

I’ve asked twice and barely been on this thread/ forum today/ other days. I’m just genuinely concerned and worried about the numbers and why it’s so low.

my grandma lives in a care home. So yes I have concern about that. Is that alright with you or is it ‘trolling’ to ask.

The information isn’t clearly online as you say either, if it was the chancellor wouldnt have been asked numerous times about it today

Last edited:
Bugger. My youngest daughter is phoning the doc tomorrow for some new inhalers!

I'm also now more worried today than I was yesterday.
In addition to my pacemaker, diabetes, and high blood pressure, I am 70 today!

I'm now very much a basket (or is that casket?) case.

Happy 70th Mr:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.