COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think tomorrow will be THE day as far as deaths go?
We've had a long bank holiday weekend, and where as Tuesday is normally the high number day, tomorrow should be the day when the numbers catch up.
So if the figures are high, they are to be expected.
Or have they already added some of the weekend deaths?

I'm hoping that after tomorrow, things start to look a little better. I know there won't be a sudden downturn in numbers.
But it is time we should be seeing some effects of the restrictions. Fingers crossed that as the week goes on we do see some positive signs.

Why China? Why are they the country that the WHO look at and are they nearly always the cause for these epidemics? If the WHO are that concerned each May when the WHO get together they should just quarantine the whole fucking shithole and stop anything and everything coming out of there.
Judging by Trumpy's press conference tomight I think the WHO will be getting quarantined prety soon.

Sweden's numbers continue to outstrip their Scandinavian neighbours.

Although I understand there is no exit strategy at the moment, countries who have taken more serious action are doing better.
But will their economy be any where near as damaged as ours?

Why China? Why are they the country that the WHO look at and are they nearly always the cause for these epidemics? If the WHO are that concerned each May when the WHO get together they should just quarantine the whole fucking shithole and stop anything and everything coming out of there.

Which epidemics are you referencing specifically? A few have come out of China there is no denying it but it’s far from fair to say most come from there.

I’ve asked twice and barely been on this thread/ forum today/ other days. I’m just genuinely concerned and worried about the numbers and why it’s so low.

my grandma lives in a care home. So yes I have concern about that. Is that alright with you or is it ‘trolling’ to ask.

The information isn’t clearly online as you say either, if it was the chancellor wouldnt have been asked numerous times about it today
It is online but it takes a bit of digging out. For the weeks up to 3rd April it's the top link on this page (England & Wales only).Once opened, you need to scroll along the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet to find "Covid19 - place of occurrence" for a breakdown.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...nalfiguresondeathsregisteredinenglandandwales

Also on Thursday 16th they're releasing a new spreadsheet with a more detailed analysis of covid19 deaths, it will appear on the page linked below.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/releases/analysisofdeathsinvolvingcovid19

But will their economy be any where near as damaged as ours?

really can’t compare the 2 countries.

Sweden by its very nature is social distancing. 25 people per square Km to our 273 ( way over 4000 in London )

Touching in public isn’t a done thing as well.

A lot of swedes are self isolating anyways.

and If I have been informed correctly young swedes leave the nest early so yet more social distancing by default.

Last edited:
Judging by Trumpy's press conference tomight I think the WHO will be getting quarantined prety soon.

China will probably fill the gap financially.

I’m already seeing lots of people talking about this being the defining moment future historians will reference for China overtaking the USA on being THE world leader.

Why are they not including the number of people of people who have died in care homes? Or outside of hospital?
Because the international standard for comparison is hospital deaths, the number of total deaths is available from the office for national statistics but this is not broken down into sectors there is a plan to break these numbers down in the future but not yet. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.