COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.hsj.co.uk/service-desig...ly-empty-as-icus-handle-surge/7027398.article

only 19 beds occupied over Easter at nightingale in a facility that holds nearly 3000. That’s got to be a positive sign hasn’t it ?
I think it's brilliant news and shows all the 'flattening the curve' ideas behind isolation have worked / are working. The trade off with a flatter curve is that it's longer though, so I worry that Liverpool may not win the title ;-)

Do you trust Iran's figures?

At face value they seem to be doing remarkably well for a country under sanctions. I believe they have got their epidemic under control because they are one of the most monitored places on Earth, and we would know if they had huge problems, and their general population does not give the appearance of being traumatised. They have trouble keeping them off the roads during New year celebrations.

I think Iran has had assistance from China, Russia and the UAE.

It is significant in that this is the first underdeveloped nation which it struck. In China, Asia Pacific, USA, Europe the virus is now on the retreat and attention turns to whether the lockdown measures used so far can be effective in poorer countries. Iran would suggest they can get through it.

Farming.
At some point very, very soon. The government is going to have to marshal a large army of people to pick veg and fruit as those that normally do it are locked down in the Balkan states.
Spain and France are starting to do this now. In another week, we need to start doing it. Best to prepare for it now.

I have a question about the relaxing of the lockdown. They keep telling us that the lockdown will only be relaxed when the science allows which is fair enough to me.

My question is:-

What scientific indicators are we looking for that will allow a relaxing of the lockdown?

As far as I am aware nobody has said. I may be wrong as I haven't listened to the daily spin round.

Do you trust Iran's figures?

At face value they seem to be doing remarkably well for a country under sanctions. I believe they have got their epidemic under control because they are one of the most monitored places on Earth, and we would know if they had huge problems, and their general population does not give the appearance of being traumatised. They have trouble keeping them off the roads during New year celebrations.

I think Iran has had assistance from China, Russia and the UAE.

It is significant in that this is the first underdeveloped nation which it struck. In China, Asia Pacific, USA, Europe the virus is now on the retreat and attention turns to whether the lockdown measures used so far can be effective in poorer countries. Iran would suggest they can get through it.
No, I dont trust Iran's numbers. They are doing a reasonable job at containment though - mainly because they monitor thier population like the Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.