COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it has, althogh surprised they are using 19 as I thought there were still a fair bit of spare capacity in the the hospitals, don't think there is anyone in any of the other field hospitals either.

I await the headlines in the Mail or some other merry band of dickheads going haywire about how we wasted all this money building something we didn't need.

Yes indeed.
I will be heavily used in a couple of weeks though as many patients have to remain on ventilators for well over a month.
The G-Mex is going to be used for patients recovering from Covid who are too unwell to be discharged, so that makes sense if they’re following the same pathway at the Excel

Farming.
At some point very, very soon. The government is going to have to marshal a large army of people to pick veg and fruit as those that normally do it are locked down in the Balkan states.
Spain and France are starting to do this now. In another week, we need to start doing it. Best to prepare for it now.
Here in SE Spain the main industry or sector is agriculture which has simply been exempt from work lockdown. Your tomatoes, lettuce, peppers etc. continue to be harvested with the usual mixture of Spanish, Senegals and other N Africans in the fields.
Hundreds of artics deliver them to the rest of Europe, including UK.

In short this work has never stopped, the gangs now appear in 2 buses instead of 1 (observing proper distancing) and they pick and pack with the same distance observed all wearing masks and each gang has different coloured hi viz..

Has the UK media ever asked or confronted Sir Patrick Vallance as to whether the UK has abandoned the herd immunity policy? The journalist briefing questions must be vetted because it's the obvious question given the choices and decisions made.

Has the UK media ever asked or confronted Sir Patrick Vallance as to whether the UK has abandoned the herd immunity policy? The journalist briefing questions must be vetted because it's the obvious question given the choices and decisions made.
Once the lockdown eases without vaccine, to me that says herd immunity is the plan

Farming.
At some point very, very soon. The government is going to have to marshal a large army of people to pick veg and fruit as those that normally do it are locked down in the Balkan states.
Spain and France are starting to do this now. In another week, we need to start doing it. Best to prepare for it now.

They just flew a plane full of Romanians over to pick fruit.

The Government would have gone for herd immunity if the NHS could have coped.....
Once restrictions are lifted the NHS will have more capacity this time round and the government will allow more to be infected till they call another lockdown.

Once the lockdown eases without vaccine, to me that says herd immunity is the plan
Not the whole plan but In part doesn’t if have to be for every country that eases lockdown. We know it isn’t just going away so controlled spread is the only option as far as I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.