COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't quite see the relevance of a transport graph whilst we continue to allow 400,000 unchecked travelers into the country monthly. That's some piss poor lock-down statistic so should our air travel be more seriously monitored. I understand the need for repatriation of British nationals but can the other passengers be classed as "essential" in this current climate?

I’m not so sure you can send that advice to everyone over 70. There’s nothing to suggest that being 70 today puts you at more risk than being 69 yesterday. I know some 40 year olds who need to do the 12 week thing and, conversely, I know a few 70 somethings who are absolutely fine doing the daily exercise and some shopping.
Well yes, I raised the risk of 69 v 70 issue. I just think there is some confusion because the guidance that came out wasn't as strict for over 70s as what was trailed a fortnight before, and it seems to have passed relatively unremarked. Since then of course the extra risk of being male and being BAME (just mentioned by Whitty) have both become clearer.

I can't quite see the relevance of a transport graph whilst we continue to allow 400,000 unchecked travelers into the country monthly. That's some piss poor lock-down statistic so should our air travel be more seriously monitored. I understand the need for repatriation of British nationals but can the other passengers be classed as "essential" in this current climate?
It’s not even been mentioned at all in this press conference has it?

Nit one journo has asked the question neither.

Bit worrying that by yesterday we'd only done 18,000 tests per day.
On a linear basis to get from the 10,000 per day at the end of March to the 100,000 per day at the end of April we should have been at 55,000 per day.
So unless we're going to ramp it up dramatically in the next two weeks we will fall well short of the 100k per day.
That's worrying for lots of reasons not least of which is coming out of lockdown ( I.e. is the R factor below 1, who's had the disease and who hasn't etc etc).

maxresdefault.jpg
Hahahahah hahahahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.