COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the ventilation.
If a place is well ventilated, virus particles will be grounded within 10 seconds.If not they could hang around for a couple of minutes.
Your body needs to breath in quite a bit of small virus particles for it to get established. Far more than from larger droplets. The body is pretty good at filtering it out of the air and in to mucus where it will die or be digested.
From the evidence I've seen between 10% and 30% of coronavirus transmission is via airborne aerosol.
Wrap a scarf around your head before you go shopping. This will stop most aerosol transmission.
There are two airborne methods of transmission that have been discussed:

1. Large droplets, and
  2. Fine aerosol.
I don't think it's known which is the predominant method of transport. Fine aerosol can hang around in an enclosed space.

The experience of a church choir where 45 of a 60 strong choir got infected after a choir practise suggested aerosol transmission is a serious risk. https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak

Are there any Favipiravir tests going on in the UK? Trials look promising over in Japan/China. I think they've been using it since March tbh!

Are there any Favipiravir tests going on in the UK? Trials look promising over in Japan/China. I think they've been using it since March tbh!

Yes.
Don't know where though.
They're doing Plasma tests at the hospital my daughter works at.

This is gobsmacking. Unreal stupidity and the police aren't even arsed.

Outside St Thomas's hospital. Let's all praise the carers by breaching the guidance.

It was police and firefighters last week lined the bridge.

Covidiots now join in so that's put an end to that show of solidarity - one hopes.

Yes.
Don't know where though.
They're doing Plasma tests at the hospital my daughter works at.

Interesting. Where did you read about the tests? Good news re the plasma tests too. Which hospital is that? No worries if you can't sat of course, and best wishes to your daughter and your family :)

FDA doing clinical trails into convalescence plasma from those 2 weeks recovered, will be used in critical ill patients only.
UK blood service looking into also

Some potentially very significant news: an anti-viral drug seems to be working.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/gil...ug-trial-shows-encouraging-early-results.html

Overnight world stock markets have boomed (FTSE up 4% in pre-market trading).

See screenshot (source ig.com)

k5z7AHo.png

Last edited:
BTW If the virus wasn't airborne new cases (actually serious cases) would have halved this week, it being 3.5 weeks after lock down. They haven't. This means there is another means of infection between households. Either lots of people are sneaking out for shared house parties or people are getting infected in some other way.
That way is probably airborne aerosol spread in supermarkets and in high density housing.
German studies found zero evidence of the virus on any surfaces in supermarkets and concluded that a supermarket is not somewhere that’s likely to get anyone infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.