COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’ve got access to a mask then wear the fucking thing.
Don’t wait for the inept leaders to give you their opinion as to wherever it helps - of course it helps.
They won’t be perfect of course but being told they are no use is awful advice.

We currently don't have enough access to masks it's as simple as that. People saying we shouldn't wear them are being dishonest or are frankly morons.

Are you touching your face when you do this? I'd imagine not. You're adjusting the fit. That's a good thing you're making sure it fits around the bridge of the nose. Like anything else that seems unusual to the body, you will get used to it. You're doing the right thing.
Stay safe
Yes you are touching your face when you do it especially around the bridge of the nose and near the nostrils. Honestly, all the time. Im sure it will reduce but you catch yourself doing it all the time and will notice others doing it too. Will get used to it in time but I totally see where Karen is coming from

Still too many people out, too many groups and too many people stopping for chats.

Should be max 2 people per household together outside at any one time, with snipers on roofs and up trees to ensure compliance.

People seem to assume at the moment, that if you live together - whether 4 or 5 people, you are able to go out. Not sure where that messaging has been confused, it's always been a maximum of two from the same household.

Yes you are touching your face when you do it especially around the bridge of the nose and near the nostrils. Honestly, all the time. Im sure it will reduce but you catch yourself doing it all the time and will notice others doing it too. Will get used to it in time but I totally see where Karen is coming from
I can put a mask on and adjust it to fit in 10 seconds. All without touching my face.
I won't touch it again for as long as I am wearing it.
I have been wearing them for years after a bit it becomes second nature. Good luck mate stick with it it gets easier.
Stay safe

BTW If the virus wasn't airborne new cases (actually serious cases) would have halved this week, it being 3.5 weeks after lock down. They haven't. This means there is another means of infection between households. Either lots of people are sneaking out for shared house parties or people are getting infected in some other way.
That way is probably airborne aerosol spread in supermarkets and in high density housing.

Certain members of the public are unaware what 2m is much less how to take a mask off.
Some people never got used to the metric system.

Some however are just taking the piss with the ‘loose’ social distancing descriptions.

Give them 2.54cm and they’ll take 1.609 km

BTW If the virus wasn't airborne new cases (actually serious cases) would have halved this week, it being 3.5 weeks after lock down. They haven't. This means there is another means of infection between households. Either lots of people are sneaking out for shared house parties or people are getting infected in some other way.
That way is probably airborne aerosol spread in supermarkets and in high density housing.

If the virus is airborne then, does this mean that someone could cough in a supermarket and someone could feesibly do as little as breathe as they walk down that same aisle 5 minutes later and they become infected? Does it even require the cough or the sneeze for the virus to become airborne in the first place or could that be done simply with heavy breathing or laughing for example?

If the virus is airborne then, does this mean that someone could cough in a supermarket and someone could feesibly do as little as breathe as they walk down that same aisle 5 minutes later and they become infected? Does it even require the cough or the sneeze for the virus to become airborne in the first place or could that be done simply with heavy breathing or laughing for example?
Depends on the ventilation.
If a place is well ventilated, virus particles will be grounded within 10 seconds.If not they could hang around for a couple of minutes.
Your body needs to breath in quite a bit of small virus particles for it to get established. Far more than from larger droplets. The body is pretty good at filtering it out of the air and in to mucus where it will die or be digested.
From the evidence I've seen between 10% and 30% of coronavirus transmission is via airborne aerosol.
Wrap a scarf around your head before you go shopping. This will stop most aerosol transmission.

Last edited:

There was a video on here recently that showed a cough/sneeze would just drop to the floor almost instantly in a normal environment.
In a sealed, airtight room is a completely different matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.