COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I expect the care home is as far as they know covid free, doubt inside they would be all confined to their rooms, and this will be important to them.

Exactly and once you get to a certain age who knows how many more
VE days you will get to see. They went through a hell of a lot worse than anyone that's moaning about it on here, let them enjoy their day no harm is being done.

Sorry but you cannot take this day away from them
I wouldn't want to "take the day away from them", I'd rather they didn't all die in 3 weeks because they were unable to sit a bit further away from each other. The virus doesn't give a shit if your parents won a war on this day 75 years ago, nor is there any reason not to just sit 2 meters apart instead of about 2 feet (these people are 70's and 80's, at most, they aren't WW2 veterans)

Exactly and once you get to a certain age who knows how many more
VE days you will get to see. They went through a hell of a lot worse than anyone that's moaning about it on here, let them enjoy their day no harm is being done.

Ok, I'll hold you to that, when there's 0 deaths from Covid in 2 weeks I'll come back and congratulate you for your foresight.

Tramadol. You¨ll feel great, you can drink like a fish and the hangover¨s very minimal. But they¨re addictive little bastards. Very addictive.

I was on them nobody told me how additive they were, quite a withdrawal when you stop taking them.

I wouldn't want to "take the day away from them", I'd rather they didn't all die in 3 weeks because they were unable to sit a bit further away from each other. The virus doesn't give a shit if your parents won a war on this day 75 years ago, nor is there any reason not to just sit 2 meters apart instead of about 2 feet (these people are 70's and 80's, at most, they aren't WW2 veterans)
The war shaped their lives,some of them would have been sent away from their families,they are away from their families now,indoors they are next to each other unless any of them are ill,i do not want to break the hearts of the old who lost family in the war that liberated us

Well in about 2 weeks, the way plenty of people are behaving, Covid will take every day away from some of them.
Immerse yourself in the progs of the war on at the moment and tell them they cannot have this day together to remember,street parties have been held for 75 yrs,this means everything to them

Immerse yourself in the progs of the war on at the moment and tell them they cannot have this day together to remember,street parties have been held for 75 yrs,this means everything to them

I've studied it enough in my time. If anything they should be the best behaved and be most understanding because they've lived it before. Their relatives gave their lives to save theirs so they could live and prosper, not wilfully give it away for a picnic.

Hitler would have had a field day if we'd all sat out having a picnic during the bombing. The bombs are dropping all day the closer people get together. Today is VE day, two weeks time will end up ventilator day and it's so unnecessary and needless and not worth it in any sane person's mind, especially when you owe your life to the sacrifice of others who gave theirs to save yours. It's just ungrateful in my view, but we know we don't agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.