COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry missed the start of the briefing

No dramatic overnight changes in lockdown

Stick to the rules over the weekend

Powis: 4.649 new cases over last day - but says spread of virus decreasing in the community.

People in UK hospitals with the virus down from 14,346 to 11,788 in last week

Eustice: 31,241 total deaths in all settings - up 626 from yesterday.

Testing still below daily 100,000 target, at 97,029

Eustice: Says day-to-day fluctuations in testing numbers is normal, but important to have "ambitious" targets.

The government has failed to hit its 100k target for several days in a row and plans to up that goal to 200,000.

Powis: 'R number' will vary from place to place and at different times, but vital to keep it below 1 to avoid exponential growth of virus

Eustice: McDonald's drive-ins "made for" social distancing, expects more such fast food businesses to reopen outlets in coming weeks

Powis: Health authorities will start to publish data on people with autism and mental health problems who've died with the virus.

Why are we still sending positive patients into care homes ? We are testing them before they go into care homes,outbreaks from discharges not showing up in data,lots of support for carers on infection control

Public must be 'realistic' over loosening of lockdown

More than a million food parcels delivered

626 is still a huge number,please stick to the rules people
626 is also an incredibly misleading number. 626 people haven't died of coronavirus within the last 24 hours. I know we all need a figure to see how it's going but the death figure is pretty meaningless as a measure of whether the virus is going away.

626 is also an incredibly misleading number. 626 people haven't died of coronavirus within the last 24 hours. I know we all need a figure to see how it's going but the death figure is pretty meaningless as a measure of whether the virus is going away.
That is way they have to measure them so that is why we get it as a daily figure,they have still died whatever day it was

I know we all need a figure to see how it's going but the death figure is pretty meaningless as a measure of whether the virus is going away.
It really isn't. Unless we are getting miraculously better at treating people (we aren't) or the disease is taking more or less time to kill people (it isn't), then the numbers of dead is the very best way of determining this. Why? Because it's an easily measurable, unambiguous stat. Other metrics like numbers of infections, depend on how many tests were done. So the infection rate could be falling sharply but if we do more tests then we would not see that.

The issue with deaths is the the numbers reported every day and not the numbers who died that day. The figures get adjusted as time goes on. But over a period of a few weeks, tracking the number of deaths is the best measure of how things are getting under control, or not.

As it stands, clearly things are improving, but the death rate is still miles too high to be contemplating any significant change in strategy. If we come out of lockdown in any significant way over the next week or so, this is down to political pressure not scientific sense.

If a msm is frantically trying to remove a video from our eyes its fair to say it does not meet their narrative. The video contains the testimony of an eminent virologist who was part of the team who isolated hiv from blood and taught cells to accept ebola. She is no crank. Go on facebook and criticise the chinese youll get a ban like me.....30 days

Ah, you mean the doctor who's work has been completely discredited.

You're a fucking whacko.

In Wales

• People will be allowed to go outside to exercise more than once a day - but that exercise must begin and end at home and must not include travel
  • Garden centres can open as long as they adhere to social distancing guidelines
  • Local authorities will begin planning how to safely re-open libraries and tips
Mr Drakeford went on to say that vulnerable people must continue to shield and over-70s should continue to take extra care, adding that he is committed to "keeping our people safe

Ah, you mean the doctor who's work has been completely discredited.

You're a fucking whacko.

But who decides who discredits who?

You’re just believing one party is more legitimate than the other because you’re told so by the ‘highly trustworthy’ organisations.

The reality is that no one can be trusted unless you do the research yourself.

In Wales

• People will be allowed to go outside to exercise more than once a day - but that exercise must begin and end at home and must not include travel
  • Garden centres can open as long as they adhere to social distancing guidelines
  • Local authorities will begin planning how to safely re-open libraries and tips
Mr Drakeford went on to say that vulnerable people must continue to shield and over-70s should continue to take extra care, adding that he is committed to "keeping our people safe

thank fuck I hope it’s the same in England , i have to get a book back to the library have had it since january and worried about the fine

Around 85 of those deaths were in April and March. Seven day rolling average still going down but very slowly. I wish people would stop comparing numbers though as firstly not all countries are recording deaths in the same way and secondly many countries are lying. I just wish people would stop going out needlessly and risking everyone’s health. How many on here have broken the lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.