COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They want to get the fire service involved with inoculations, you know a month after saying we are having a pay freeze for the foreseeable future, good luck with that.
Be cunts if you dont tbh. There are better ways of making your point. The public always have more sympathy with the fire service when they complain about pay than other public sector agencies. That will evaporate quickly if they refuse to help with vaccinations in the middle of the worst pandamic ever. Time and a place for militancy.

Thank you, that puts me at ease slightly. Had it in my head somehow that the BioNTech one was a completely different profile from AZ and as such the AZ possibly didn't have the same confidence against such mutations as this.

My impression is that this is one reason that all 3 have been been authorised (or are being authorised) so fast - there is no part of the actual virus RNA itself in the vaccines, just the spike protein RNA. the idea is to provoke antibody production where the antibody will cap the spike protein so it's not a spike any more, and thus can't let the virus RNA pass through the red blood cell wall so easily.

By comparison, many vaccines for other viruses are inactive virus RNA, which is more likely to provoke a negative response.

I expect that the virus-specific vaccines will follow in due course.

Be cunts if you dont tbh. There are better ways of making your point. The public always have more sympathy with the fire service when they complain about pay than other public sector agencies. That will evaporate quickly if they refuse to help with vaccinations in the middle of the worst pandamic ever. Time and a place for militancy.
Then I’ll be a ****, we did cardiac arrests for two years for nothing, not even a thank you nevermind a pay rise, we’ve done stuff through this pandemic to help out with a handclap and fuck you from the government, they take the piss, so excuse me if I don’t put myself at risk for when I don’t need to. The public don’t give a shit about us just look at the comments over teachers and nurses, come crawling when they need us or the military but once its over it’s back to greedy public sector, gold plated pensions etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.