COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And today in Co Durham we have a barber opening tomorrow because she has the inside tract on what Boris is going to announce tonight. My son is a rival to her shop and she has been onto him on Facebook trying to get him to work for her til the shop he works in opens up again. Also appears that she used her £10k govt lane to purchase a car. I am sure these loans were not intended for such as this.
Also the Frog & Ferret pub in Spennymoor has opened for takeaway booze. Landlord reckons this is perfectly legal under lockdown rules. However, my wife used to manage a pub years ago & she thinks your licence only covers you for alcohol consumed on the premises. Can someone confirm if this is correct?

Most pubs used to sell booze and stuff through a separate off licence part of the premises.

And today in Co Durham we have a barber opening tomorrow because she has the inside tract on what Boris is going to announce tonight. My son is a rival to her shop and she has been onto him on Facebook trying to get him to work for her til the shop he works in opens up again. Also appears that she used her £10k govt lane to purchase a car. I am sure these loans were not intended for such as this.
Also the Frog & Ferret pub in Spennymoor has opened for takeaway booze. Landlord reckons this is perfectly legal under lockdown rules. However, my wife used to manage a pub years ago & she thinks your licence only covers you for alcohol consumed on the premises. Can someone confirm if this is correct?
I think the landlord is able to sell takeaway booze

Very quiet in Warwick both yesterday and today. Stood on a bridge overlooking the A46 at midday yesterday and it was deserted. People in gardens celebrating VE day at a respectful distance. Cyclists, joggers and walkers all behaving responsibly.

I think it's harsh to be judgemental on those people who live in urban areas and for whom the park is the only open space. I don't blame them for going out and, to me, they seem to be reasonably well spaced. All this talk of "cunts" and "morons" and despairing of society, I'm not seeing that at all.

One paper it was proved they doctored a picture to make it look like people were all condensed together when they were actually socially distancing. The thing is the treatment of ourselves by the media in the last few years means we know how low they stoop so its no surprise.
James Cracknell

"stay alert, control the virus, save lives"

That makes the UK strategy explicit. The UK is not seeking to totally suppress the virus. The discussion as to the best strategy will continue but if nothing else there is now no ambiguity as to the road which the UK has taken.

Yep. Its 'fuck it, herd immunity hopefully'. Second peak is going to be awful. Death toll is going to start to rise quite dramatically again in 2/3 weeks. Cheers, Boris.

Right.
But this pub has never done so before. And reading govt rules only allowed to do this if previously sold takeaway food.
If this is the case why are all pubs not doing it?

Probably cos there isn’t much money to be made from it. You could probably get it cheaper at the supermarket, you would be nuts as pub owner selling your stock at retail prices. Then there is the large brewery chains that would be losing out on the furlough scheme by bringing in staff to pay them full pay to not make any profit at all.

Perfectly legal.

The reason it isn’t widespread is simply because there is no demand for it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.