COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely the former. If somebody can't meet more than one person from outside of their household then any meet up that involves your mum meeting you AND your wife, is in breach of the guidance.

okey doke - so only one person can meet one person, of differing households. That is the bottom line. Any other combo is a breach. Cheers

It's crackers that almost two months into this people are looking to Boris and the government for some kind of advice what to do health wise. The advice hasn't really changed and it won't change until the virus dies out, an effective treatment is found or a vaccine created. Just keep distance and avoid people as much as possible, wash hands regularly and if you can get a mask wear it on transport and any crowded areas. The business and work angle I understand people following but the reality is while the virus is here everything carries a risk save sitting indoors.
With many people, it’s knowing what rules they can break to show off that they’ve broken the rules. So they want to know exactly what they can and can’t do. Some people are obsessed with being antiestablishment.

When we first went into restrictions in late March, we had a poster on here saying; “I have the REBEL SPIRIT running thru my veins. I THINK FOR MYSELF !! Tiny dicked Boris Johnson isn’t telling ME what to do !!”

With others it’s deciphering the constant mumbles and mistakes in speech from Boris, and contradictions him and his MPs come out with.

On Sunday night many people thought they would have to go into work on the Monday morning because that’s what was said by Boris and shown on the BBC News and BBC website, but then while eating breakfast on the Monday morning they were told they wouldn’t have to go into work until today.

So some will start to wonder what other messages are wrong and will seek clarification on exactly what they can and can’t do so they aren’t doing the wrong thing. They’re like the opposites to the “rebels”.

But I said the other day, my advice to those who aren’t sure about what’s going on, would be: don’t listen to the MPs (because they’re either unclear, or very clear but then another MP contradicts them); just read the govt website!

there's going to be some very depressing sites the next few days and weekend, packed tubes, buses etc parks, beaches, traffic jam's for drive through McDonald's

I feel for every person who had no choice but to get on this bus.

And so it begins. the psychology behind the the new "Control the virus" message is moving the onus from the government to the public. same as saying everyone should go back to work if they cant work from home "but avoid public transport" which for the majority is impossible.

in 2 weeks when we have a spike this will be shown as a fault of the public not planning or the gov.

A couple or three questions:

- how are they deciding who gets the test?
Presumably as a lot seem to be posted out, these are ad hoc applications for a test
What could be done better to make the testing more useful/directed?

- is there a daily count of the number of people in or released from hospital?
This seems more useful than the number of people who are infected.

- what is causing the continuing increase in numbers?
General asymptomatic spread, with some direct infection in places like hospitals?
It seems this continuing increase won't actually stop?
The ONS are sending tests to people who were already on the ONS surveys database who agreed to take part in the testing.

okey doke - so only one person can meet one person, of differing households. That is the bottom line. Any other combo is a breach. Cheers

That's the only way I think rule can be interpreted really. But I accept would think there's no real extra risk in seeing two people from a household who have isolated together (but it wouldn't be within the rules)

It’s not a handful though, it’s one of the usual suspects being utterly obtuse regarding it, what @Rammy Blue is doing is perfectly acceptable and there’s no ambiguity at all.

No, it’s people having a different interpretation of the rules and consequently acting differently. Who is right and who is wrong I neither know or care. I stopped listening to the Govt well over a month ago. We went into lockdown on 10th March when the Govt was in its ‘herd immunity’ phase and we ain’t coming out until the country gets its shit together which judging by events and Govt advice ‘to be alert’ to an invisible virus won’t be anytime soon.

Conducted by the Office for National Statistics and the University of Oxford, the "COVID-19 Infection Survey" aims to find out how many people have the infection, or are likely to have had it, even if they hadn't realised it at the time

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...-covid-19-survey-heres-what-happened-11986626

what isn’t said is that most of the people delivering the and collecting the tests are not nurses but old retired people, they do not supervise the test as in that “fiction”, that the packs they get had no wipes despite being promised them, that the “dirty box” they should have got to put completed tests in was missing or that the swabs sticks are twice as long as the phials they are supposed to be put in and have to be snapped in two by the testee. Once the tests are collected by the ONS staffer they are taken in Manchester’s case to a Salford McDonald’s car park and handed over to a waiting transit van.

"people can also now spend time outdoors subject to: not meeting up with any more than one person from outside your household; continued compliance with social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from people outside your household"

that's the official text. For me that is not that confusing: My wife and I can meet my mum, then my dad in the afternoon, and then just me alone can go and see my cousin and his wife. All of this must be outside so i'll probably sit or stand in their gardens or perhaps the driveway for the latter. I'll do this at 2m (or more) and i might even delay the cousin to the next day not to overdo it, using common sense.

BUT. Hancock says on TV that it "should only happen in public spaces" so is that the garden off? B'cos to me, as i can get to it externally, that seems safer than 10 random families around my poor mam. And what am I reading about 1 person (i.e. just me) meeting only other one person - the official text says nothing of the sort?

What i'm driving at is why do we have a relatively clear document (it still has problems but it's ok) which is being elaborated on by politicians, seemingly ad-hoc?
Because they have not studied it to know what’s really in it. They may well have read it but they haven’t studied it. They’ll think they know what’s in it and think what they’re saying is correct but without actually studying the 50 pages, they can very easily contradict something in the document.

Again, a lack of attention to detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.