COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I sort of understand that. It's their sheer confidence in going public with their belief that this is a goer which I'm wondering about, when others have since downplayed it. Especially when tied into their articles about herd immunity already being prevalent and this not being an epidemic in the UK any more. Their stuff seems the most upbeat reports coming out of anywhere especially when compared to the imperial college and its just difficult to know what is likely to be accurate and what should be taken with a pinch of salt i suppose.
I think it would go quiet anyway waiting to see if anyone on the trials get infected, with the social distancing happening will be less likely to be exposed. I wonder if eventually they will need Change strategy to challenged trials. What they will be monitoring now though is any side effects of thise vaccinated.

We need a proper public service announcement on this, including how to make your own at home. Pretty much everyone can do that, and it will make a difference. It's not been mentioned anywhere near enough. Most won't know its now recommended.
I know it shouldn’t be but wonder if people don’t want to be the odd ones out and stand out wearing a mask on the bus. Wouldn‘t be surprised if a few have a mask in their pocket but think I’ll put it on if others do.

We need a proper public service announcement on this, including how to make your own at home. Pretty much everyone can do that, and it will make a difference. It's not been mentioned anywhere near enough. Most won't know its now recommended.

This is a key issue I think, we should have been blitzing this info out for weeks now, how to make them, where to buy them, best practicces for using them and more crucially why what the public need in terms of face masks is not the same as what the front line need.

for the public is all about limiting spread from you to others. for front line its about protecting them from you. we should be pushing this as hard as we did the handwashing stuff at the start.

Indeed. I guess the lack of action relating to this is that Govt are following the 'advice' that masks are not particularly helpful. It's things like this that makes me think this is a forced herd immunity, of sorts, or they are still concerned about PPE supply reaching NHS staff

there's a lot in that thread, it's going to have to grow before making a serious comment. One to watch.

I know that Andrew Neil and Piers Morgan are Marmite characters, but they’re journalists who have been around a long time and recognize a ‘story’. They’ve both been running with this in the last couple of days, but as you say it’s one to watch.

This is a key issue I think, we should have been blitzing this info out for weeks now, how to make them, where to buy them, best practicces for using them and more crucially why what the public need in terms of face masks is not the same as what the front line need.

for the public is all about limiting spread from you to others. for front line its about protecting them from you. we should be pushing this as hard as we did the handwashing stuff at the start.

The main problem during this pandemic has been consistent, low-level communication. It's carrying on now sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.