COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked into the sunlight issue. Here's a paper which focuses directly on the germicidal impact of sunlight and all aspects of the UV spectrum.

I hope you can access. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1280232/

Points I picked up through looking at the impact of sunlight. Some obvious, some definitely not obvious.

1. At ground level when the Sun is overhead. Sunlight is 44% visible light, 3% ultraviolet.

Of the UV light that makes it to the ground, 95% is UVA, and 5% UVB with virtually no UVC.

2. UVC is strongly germicidal but UVB can also kill germs.

3. UVB is very sensitive to latitude. At high latitude the sunlight travels further through the atmosphere. Surely key to the seasonality of viruses.

4. The time to destroy 90% of a virus is in the tens of minutes and variable.

5. Single strand nucleic acids are more sensitive to damage. nCov is single-strand

6. RNA is less sensitive to damage than DNA based viruses because the molecule most readily damaged by UV light is Thymine and Thymine is not present in RNA. nCov is an RNA virus

7. The sensitivity to sunlight is linked to the number of base-pairs. I don't know how big the molecular weight of nCov's RNA molecule is compared to other viral RNA but that would be easy to find out.
There's already very strong indications from the distribution of the virus that it's going to be seasonal which brings good news and bad. Good in that it will probably decline rapidly at high latitudes this Summer but bad in that it could easily bounce back as the Sun dips in the Northern sky.

Covid test from abbott, fifteen min test that don is using

False results

48% failure rate ,false negatives

Lot more kids in america having the inflamation in their lungs from covid

Qatar has now made it law to wear a mask if you leave the house, for whatever reason. So walking the dog and running will be fun in the heat.

Last edited:
New Zealand 4.9m people, sparsely populated without an international travel hub and fully in control of it's own borders.
My 4 year old granddaughter could have done as good a job.

Probably also not full of people who have the sole intention of undermining the government and disagreeing with everything

Qatar has now made it law to wear a mask if you leave the house, for whatever reason. So walking the dog and running will be fun in the heat.
Surely not walking your dog in that heat? my dogs won't go out in high temps (hurts their paws) and as for running in high temps it sounds a bit suicidal.
Not yet legal here in Spain but most people here certainly wear a mask though when out of their houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.