COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t you become a teacher then?
...also teachers are working from home, planning lessons, marking etc..

I take it you’re from the ‘bloody teachers got it easy’ brigade.

pathetic.
Yeah I think Bluematt is talking shit. Most teachers including my 9 year old's are putting in the time. Online work always marked on time. Now they have to plan for the return. Difficult and worrying for them.

Mad how these teachers don't want to go back to work but are happy for the shelf stackers in Tesco working.

It's alright for public sector workers wanting to stay in lockdown, they still get paid, unlike the private sector.
A couple of points. Firstly, shelf stackers can social distance whilst doing their work. There is almost no chance that there can be effective social distancing in a classroom. Secondly, whilst I am sure teachers may be happy for shelf stackers to work, I suspect most would not demand that shelf stackers work against their will if they thought they were working in unsafe conditions.
Teachers are saving our lives? As that is who I was referring to.

Plank.
Well they have been looking after kids of NHS staff and enabling them to work so they have certainly been contributing to lives being saved. I see where this is going - teachers have been part of the key workforce getting clapped every week for the valuable contribution they have made so far during this pandemic but any day now dim wits are going to start calling them traitors, egged on by The Mail.

A couple of points. Firstly, shelf stackers can social distance whilst doing their work. There is almost no chance that there can be effective social distancing in a classroom. Secondly, whilst I am sure teachers may be happy for shelf stackers to work, I suspect most would not demand that shelf stackers work against their will if they thought they were working in unsafe conditions.

Well they have been looking after kids of NHS staff and enabling them to work so they have certainly been contributing to lives being saved. I see where this is going - teachers have been part of the key workforce getting clapped every week for the valuable contribution they have made so far during this pandemic but any day now dim wits are going to start calling them traitors, egged on by The Mail.
Well put, some people cannot see the bigger picture, maybe he had some bad experiences in the clasroom

Teachers are saving our lives? As that is who I was referring to.

Plank.
You tried to make it public versus private workers, proper daily mail stuff,teachers have been in looking after public service key workers kids so they can go save lives,teachers have been told they don't need ppe and can social distance kids,clearly they have something to say about that

Mad how these teachers don't want to go back to work but are happy for the shelf stackers in Tesco working.

It's alright for public sector workers wanting to stay in lockdown, they still get paid, unlike the private sector.
You have a point

Turns out I didn’t misjudge.
I certainly haven't misjudged you either.
If the economy doesn't restart as soon as it can, we're all fucked. To restart we need schools open. The longer we wait the more likely we will to be fucked. I'm sure you'll love the massive unemployment that may come with it.
I understand fears about safety but just saying no is not the right approach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.