COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The economy is going down anyway. Schools being open in June and July isn’t going to make a difference.

It will however result in the death of teachers and potentially even children.

Great call.
Very few children get I'll. It is only teachers who may get ill. Those who have underlying health conditions should be removed from the front line.

I had a conversation with 2 teachers of primary school level yesterday. They both said even with a reduced number of children (10-15) it was impossible to enforce social distancing amongst children because they take no notice. These are schools open for children of key workers.

So rather than the teaching unions acting under their natural Bolshevik impulses as front paged by the Mail and The Scum, maybe, just maybe, the teaching unions are doing their best to restrict the spread of the virus, and protect their members best interest, and thst of their wider extended families
Social distancing is indeed the problem. It just isn't really feasible in primary schools.

Very few children get I'll. It is only teachers who may get ill. Those who have underlying health conditions should be removed from the front line.

Can the children get the virus and spread it to an adult when they come home even if they do not fall ill themselves?

The economy is going down anyway. Schools being open in June and July isn’t going to make a difference.

It will however result in the death of teachers and potentially even children.

Great call.

So how would you play it ? Stay in lockdown for 12 months ? Completely bankrupt the economy so we cant even afford schools ? And just accept the deaths that occur as a result of a bankrupt economy ? Great call.

Everything has to be made as safe as possible but it can't be 100% safe.

But all the teaching unions are asking for is that the government to show the scientific evidence that it is safe.

Everyone knows that it won’t be 100% safe, but it is going to be virtually impossible for schools to following the strict social distancing guidelines.

Therefore, an even bigger emphasis needs to be placed on the role children play in transmitting and spreading the disease. You only have to look on Sky News to see new negative articles about children and the disease. Even the BMA are siding with the school unions on this.

No need to make decision on schools for me at the moment. My two won't be in the first lot, but even if they were I'd wait and see until closer to the time I had to make a decision.

Heard a great interview a few weeks back with a Danish teacher about the measures they were going to take when they went back. Another great interview with a British journo that lives in Denmark today. Seems to be working well.

Different countries, different challenges though. No need for anyone to make a decision now though.

But all the teaching unions are asking for is that the government to show the scientific evidence that it is safe.

Everyone knows that it won’t be 100% safe, but it is going to be virtually impossible for schools to following the strict social distancing guidelines.

Therefore, an even bigger emphasis needs to be placed on the role children play in transmitting and spreading the disease. You only have to look on Sky News to see new negative articles about children and the disease. Even the BMA are siding with the school unions on this.

Literally nothing is safe once you leave your front door, so that is absolutely impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.