COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example, NHS nurseries in England - 19 members of staff have caught Coronavirus. Not one caught it from a child they caught it from an adult they were in contact with.
I'm sure you can google this.

Haven't the nurseries only been open to key workers and even at that got a 2% attendance record or something similar? That probably explains it. If you let others in huge numbers in though that'll rise.

I never mentioned you gavvo. You just jumped on my post, as you often do. The poster I was referring to had replied to posts about the Mail front page earlier, so to suggest it’s “a publication they’ve never seen” is indeed a bit odd.

well i saw the post on bluemoon from 1933 with hitler on it if it helps . I have never bought a copy of the daily mail in my life , it’s dreadful

God how long ago does football feel,it feels like covid has been here forever

I know eh. Depressing, but taught me the importance of not taking football amongst things in life for granted all the same. It'll be back with us one day, I just hope we're really in a better place for it.

All very good points and the constructive path to opening on a sensible way .

At the moment it’s a pathetic debate of government open schools unions no .

both are wrong

I genuinely believe the majority of heads and school teachers would like to open the schools if they were fully informed and felt confident they could minimise risk to a very low level.

I strongly believe in the usefulness and need for unions, bar the obvious number of awkward shop stewards and reps (I have come across a few). Admittedly, the unions may not appear easy to negotiate with. However, the Govt/DfE should have foreseen this and started dialogue with them and the relevant schools organisations earlier.

Last edited:
I find it odd that people are resistant to schools opening as part of lockdown easing measures. It would seem to me it should be one of the major priorities, kids With shitty parents are the worst affected by this . It should be done safely and thank to @Manc in London for at least showing a sensible path to that end !

I find it odd that people are resistant to schools opening as part of lockdown easing measures. It would seem to me it should be one of the major priorities, kids With shitty parents are the worst affected by this . It should be done safely and thank to @Manc in London for at least showing a sensible path to that end !

I don't disagree with this, I'd be surprised if anyone did. It should absolutely be a priority but only when the time is right. When infrastructure and hygiene is in place and the risk is at its absolute minimum, our daily infection rate and lack of contact tracing ability in the current climate suggests that time isn't now, but it doesn't mean its not a priority though.

Wr

in the briefing they said it was 0.27% that have had it
yeah but the mirror figure is 27% of the UK population give or take a few %, does anyone have a link to this Manchester University article that claimed 19m people ?

It's a nonsense figure imho, and quite dangerous in reality, as almost everyone who's had a cold, flu, cough or even nothing at all, will assume they are one of them and just do what the f*ck they want.

I don't disagree with this, I'd be surprised if anyone did. It should absolutely be a priority but only when the time is right. When infrastructure and hygiene is in place and the risk is at its absolute minimum, our daily infection rate and lack of contact tracing ability in the current climate suggests that time isn't now, but it doesn't mean its not a priority though.

things are moving quickly and slowly at the moment ( well it feels that way to me ) schools opening is 1 June which is two weeks away and things are moving the right way infection wise , who knows in two weeks hopefully parents and teachers will have more confidence to a slow return

things are moving quickly and slowly at the moment ( well it feels that way to me ) schools opening is 1 June which is two weeks away and things are moving the right way infection wise , who knows in two weeks hopefully parents and teachers will have more confidence to a slow return

Hopefully mate. They're moving the right way just slower than I'd like or feel comfortable reopening with. But yeah, let's see where we are in a few weeks and we can go from there, it'd be conditional on daily infection rates being a lot lower than they are just now though I'd reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.