COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand why people are basing their next steps here in the uk vs what other countries are doing. That is really fucking silly when you consider 90% have a very different set of circumstances.

Alongside Spain and Italy, we have the worst numbers. If we do decide to look at any other countries, it should absolutely be those.

As for the teachers, I don’t generally back them but on this occasion I fully support.

yeah but the mirror figure is 27% of the UK population give or take a few %, does anyone have a link to this Manchester University article that claimed 19m people ?

It's a nonsense figure imho, and quite dangerous in reality, as almost everyone who's had a cold, flu, cough or even nothing at all, will assume they are one of them and just do what the f*ck they want.
From the briefing today

Daily briefing

Total tests 2,353,078

Last 24 hrs 133,784 (hmm)

Positive tests 236,711

Inpatients 10,024,13% fall in last week

Deaths tested Positive in all settings 33,998

R 0.7-1 average across the country

0.27 % people who have had it,approx 148,000 people at any time

Found the study you mention

Daily reported cases peaked at the beginning of April 2020 and hospital deaths a week later in England. By the second half of April, based on extrapolating the variation in infection rate between local authorities with more or less cases reported depending on location, over 25% in the UK population could already have had the virus, the team have found.

Dr Adrian Heald from The University of Manchester, one of the researchers, said: “COVID-19 is a highly infectious condition and very dangerous for a small group of people. However a much larger group seem to have low or no symptoms and have been unreported.,“This study tries to provide an estimate of the number of historic infections

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/discover/news/over-25-of-the-uk-likely-to-have-had-covid-19-already/

At a quick glance they seem have added in all who have no symptoms and even though we are not finding many of them because we have only tested people with symptoms and we stopped mid March and haven't long got going again properly,the antibody test is the one to find out who has had it without symptoms along with the few we have found already

Yeah, it’s shit that. Was talking to a girl on the Tesco check-out today who is hoping to go to university in September but has no idea if they’re even taking on students, or what her grades will be. Equally shit for GCSE students, and also year 6’s. They’ve all missed out on a hugely important part of their development and education.

Yes m8 she’s worked really hard and is uncertain of her future, at 15 you should be enjoying your life and looking forward to new challenges, she hasn’t moved out of the house since March and has been so good following all the government guidelines without
Causing us any problems despite the things she’s going through. I know I couldn’t have done it at her age

Yes m8 she’s worked really hard and is uncertain of her future, at 15 you should be enjoying your life and looking forward to new challenges, she hasn’t moved out of the house since March and has been so good following all the government guidelines without
Causing us any problems despite the things she’s going through. I know I couldn’t have done it at her age
look at it this way,kids who went through the war recovered their education and we have never had technology like we have now ,they have computers at home,lessons on there,from school and lot of celebs teaching p.e music, reading ,loads of stuff,then they have every device in the world to talk to their friends on,older relatives anywhere in the world,they have you for hugs ,it is not too bad is it,must be loads of teaching moments to get out of this situation and they are all in the same boat,life isn't always fair

look at it this way,kids who went through the war recovered their education and we have never had technology like we have now ,they have computers at home,lessons on there,from school and lot of celebs teaching p.e music, reading ,loads of stuff,then they have every device in the world to talk to their friends on,older relatives anywhere in the world,they have you for hugs ,it is not too bad is it,must be loads of teaching moments to get out of this situation and they are all in the same boat,life isn't always fair

I know but her mates have been going out and she has followed every rule
Very proud of her x

Very proud of her x
Ah that is tough if her mates have been going out,where have they been going? she is the better person for sticking to the rules,when this is over buy her a car or something,they will wish they had stayed in then ha

Very proud of her x

Peer pressure is a very different argument to the educational needs and what they are actually learning.

A lot of school is about your relationships and that may actually be a bigger problem than the academic schooling itself.

Fair play to your daughter for keeping her head down, but remember it starts at home and with the parents so a big up to yourself for properly educating her.

If every parent did that across the board and in normal life, we’d have a much better society and a better future to look forward to for the next generation.

Ah that is tough if her mates have been going out,where have they been going? she is the better person for sticking to the rules,when this is over buy her a car or something,they will wish they had stayed in then ha

Your up late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.