COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they not all set up to do testing from the start and have very different populations etc?

BA is very good at throwing out stats and numbers etc.

Few of them are of any material value to OUR situation. Each country is different with many variables and at this moment we can only be led by those with the knowledge.

Reacting to our own circumstances is key.

I really couldn’t give 2 fucks about what Sweden has done, or how Korea started.

We have our own scene here, we need to crack on and deal with that in whatever way looks best for US.

Those idiots don't understand that this is not about keeping them safe it about every one of us keeping each other safe,it is a collective effort ,honestly we are being asked to stay in our nice house with food ,beer,loads to watch on the telly or devices and you can talk to anyone face to face in the whole world,it is not a fucking cell
If they want to take there chances getting a deadly virus that might kill them to drop them on a deserted island and let them get on with it
Totally agree with you Karen. That could be the next reality gameshow for them. When you see the footage of how hard the staff are working, how draining it must be for them. Thinking of the families who have lost loved ones. A few months at home in your nice house isn't that much of a sacrifice surely, with all the creature comforts at hand. I'm missing seeing my kids. Luckily enough to have my eldest grandson who's 19 living with me, but can't wait to see the other 4. 30 mins facetime is good but not the same but eventually it will be a sacrifice worth paying if we all come through and the NHS isn't left on it's knees. Hope you're well after your recent episode with it.

Sorry for quoting the Mail but if true this is madness, our borders have been shut for months, and will remain so.

https://mol.im/a/8325045

What's the point of people being in lockdown if they're letting in foreigners ?
Apparently 170 flights per day arrived at Heathrow including 10 in one day from New York.

Last edited:
Sorry for quoting the Mail but if true this is madness, our borders have been shut for months, and will remain so.

https://mol.im/a/8325045

What's the point of people being in lockdown if they're letting in foreigners ?
Apparently 170 flights per day arrived at Heathrow including 10 in one day from New York.
Because our lockdown compared to other countries hasn't been as tough. I'm classed as a key worker. At the beginning of the lockdown work issued us with a letter confirming this in case we were stopped by the police whilst driving to work. I've never had to show it yet. Only my opinion but maybe that's why we are 2nd in the league to America in terms of number of deaths.

You do know that teachers have to plan lessons and mark work, don’t you? It’s not a 9:30-3:30 job. That’s their lesson time. Even milk time has been taken from them.

Some people assume that teachers work the exact same hours as the students. Hence the snide comments about working hours.

The reality is that the vast majority of the 8.00-16.00 working hours is teaching based. I’d wager that at least 80% of all the lesson planning and marking is done outside of those hours. Marking one set of books or a set of exam papers can easily take the best part of 2 hours as well.

The teachers I know all work at least 45 hours per week and whilst it doesn’t make them saints or heroes, they don’t deserve the shit they get.

Because our lockdown compared to other countries hasn't been as tough. I'm classed as a key worker. At the beginning of the lockdown work issued us with a letter confirming this is case we were stopped by the police whilst driving to work. I've never had to show it yet. Only my opinion but maybe that's why we are 2nd in the league to America in terms of number of deaths.

Probably 1st if you take in to account the number of people in each country, now wash your hands and sing happy birthday it may be your last with this clown in charge

Because our lockdown compared to other countries hasn't been as tough. I'm classed as a key worker. At the beginning of the lockdown work issued us with a letter confirming this in case we were stopped by the police whilst driving to work. I've never had to show it yet. Only my opinion but maybe that's why we are 2nd in the league to America in terms of number of deaths.
Yes.
I just assumed all countries had closed their borders.
Wtf.. I mean what is Boris thinking ?

Are they not all set up to do testing from the start and have very different populations etc?
These countries have been doing contact tracing. They have pretty good idea of who caught the virus from whom. Kids get the illness but barely show up as the spreader.
Whether they barely spread it when asymptomatic or prior to symptoms developing is something being researched.

Probably 1st if you take in to account the number of people in each country, now wash your hands and sing happy birthday it may be your last with this clown in charge
Scarily you're probably right based on numbers per population. I make sure I'm always washing my hands. They no longer feel like my own. All dry and weird. I'm still waiting to see that monocle wearing Rees Mogg and the failed leader Duncan Smith. Not seen either of those rent-a-rabid-right-wing qoutes since all this started. Probably tucked away in their mansions with Nanny looking after their every need.

Some people assume that teachers work the exact same hours as the students. Hence the snide comments about working hours.

The reality is that the vast majority of the 8.00-16.00 working hours is teaching based. I’d wager that at least 80% of all the lesson planning and marking is done outside of those hours. Marking one set of books or a set of exam papers can easily take the best part of 2 hours as well.

The teachers I know all work at least 45 hours per week and whilst it doesn’t make them saints or heroes, they don’t deserve the shit they get.

It’s crazy the shit they get. My wife was a teacher and is now a vicar. Both jobs are part time according to some.

The hours she puts in phoning people now is incredible. That on top of learning how to go live on social media is equally amazing. Then the hours she puts in with food banks, homeless people knocking on our door asking for food, funerals, posting out stuff to elderly that aren’t on the internet, being a governor at 3 schools etc.

Yet most people think vicars only work for an hour on Sundays.

Teachers are an essential worker. Their “working hours” look low. Their actual working hours are probably higher than most full time jobs. It’s a vocation, rather than a profession. They care far more about the 30 kids in their class than most do about anyone they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.