COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for quoting the Mail but if true this is madness, our borders have been shut for months, and will remain so.

https://mol.im/a/8325045

What's the point of people being in lockdown if they're letting in foreigners ?
Apparently 170 flights per day arrived at Heathrow including 10 in one day from New York.
The management of UK borders has been fucking shit. On what fucking planet is the home office policy on by not making sure someone isolates for 2 weeks when entering the country.

Yes.
I just assumed all countries had closed their borders.
Wtf.. I mean what is Boris thinking ?
Even Bumbling Boris doesn't know what he's thinking half the time. You would have thought that someone who had contracted it would have had a better understanding of the seriousness of it. But no, not Bumbling Boris.

The management of UK borders has been fucking shit. On what fucking planet is the home office policy on by not making sure someone isolates for 2 weeks when entering the country.
They take it so seriously here in Australia that even if you come from another state like New South Wales into Queensland you have to isolate in a hotel for 2 weeks paid for by the government, if you leave the hotel during the 2 weeks you face a $12,000 fine.
I think measures such is this and banning of all international travel for months has helped us contain the number of deaths to 95.

They take it so seriously here in Australia that even if you come from another state like New South Wales into Queensland you have to isolate in a hotel for 2 weeks paid for by the government, if you leave the hotel during the 2 weeks you face a $12,000 fine.
I think measures such is this and banning of all international travel for months has helped us contain the number of deaths to 95.
It certainly has.
If during the half term holiday in February if people returning from holiday in countries with 20+ cases (Italy, Spain, Austria, Germany, France) had isolated at home, the UK epidemic wouldn't be anything like as bad.

So when is the app that they trialed on the IOW being rolled out across the country?
It crashed and burned on Apple phones and some older Android phones. They got Google and Apple experts in to try and sort it out.
Taiwan offered them their source code too. Let's hope they adopted it so they can make sure people under quarantine stick to the rules.

Last edited:
It crashed and burned on Apple phones and some older Android phones. They got Google and Apple experts in to try and sort it out.
Taiwan offered them their source code too. Let's hope they adopted it.
Cheers for that. I'm no expert but from what I've seen that's how South Korea contained it so was having high expectations of it.

Some people assume that teachers work the exact same hours as the students. Hence the snide comments about working hours.

The reality is that the vast majority of the 8.00-16.00 working hours is teaching based. I’d wager that at least 80% of all the lesson planning and marking is done outside of those hours. Marking one set of books or a set of exam papers can easily take the best part of 2 hours as well.

The teachers I know all work at least 45 hours per week and whilst it doesn’t make them saints or heroes, they don’t deserve the shit they get.

Great post.
My wife is a secondary school teacher & it really pisses me off when uneducated clowns think that it’s an easy job with loads of holidays.
I’ve said to another poster on here as well as other people throughout my life ‘if it’s such an easy job with loads of time off, why don’t you become one?’.
They don’t have an answer.

I’m a huge supporter of teachers because I know how fucking hard they work.

Literally nothing is safe once you leave your front door, so that is absolutely impossible.
Well certainly if you buy things here in Spain we should protect the workers.
Till workers are behind plastic/ glass screens and others who help customers wear plastic head screens.

Surely HSE can advise on what is a safe environment for workers in school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.