COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen this? Really interesting. More and more evidence that it's a blood vessel disease, not a respiratory one. I guess lots presumed this, but I reckon most of us just won't know given all the ventilator chat from a while ago. Could also open the door for plenty more potential drug treatments given its a different type of disease than initially presumed. Could be a game changer in the treatment of this!

https://elemental.medium.com/corona...isease-which-explains-everything-2c4032481ab2

Last edited:
Not really, the tweet was clear to me, it didn’t mention all schools. As for the second part of my reply, he’s been on the side of ‘things aren’t as bad as people are saying’ from early on. I stand by my post, mate.
Can't say as I've noticed that. Generally he's been banging the mask and testing drum, from the off. Also, his daughter is frontline NHS, I believe. Not to mention his on going issues from the virus, so he certainly can't be accused of treating the whole thing like a mere flesh wound, in my book.

Can't say as I've noticed that. Generally he's been banging the mask and testing drum, from the off. Also, his daughter is frontline NHS, I believe. Not to mention his on going issues from the virus, so he certainly can't be accused of treating the whole thing like a mere flesh wound, in my book.
Fair enough. No desire to argue it out. I’ve read posts of his that I’ve not agreed with but I’ve purposely stayed away from this thread because it pisses me off.

Most people can read I expect. If it was up to you we would never have closed down.
I call that out for the total bollox it is.
Lockdown was necessary.
As were face coverings. A total fuckfest by our health establishment to ignore what the far east (did and do). Indeed, the Guardian and BBC was still following this shit advice at the end of April. Total arrogance and the biggest mistake of all as this led to an extra 24% to 50% cases and deaths.
As to opening up. The massive recession that is coming will kill many thousands over the next few years so we need to open the economy up as soon as we can to mininise the effects. We can play whack-a-mole and local lock down to take local outbreaks down. I don't believe we can wait too much longer.

Last edited:

Thanks for the support. By the way I'm fully recovered now.

By the way I appreciate the anger over the death of George Floyd - It is a disgrace...
But what the fuck were the organisers of UK protests doing allowing protesters being less than a metre away from each other, especially when marching through the breath of others, with many not wearing face masks or face coverings. What fucking planet are you on? Far worse than anything on a beach.

I call that out for the total bollox it is.
Lockdown was necessary.
As were face coverings. A total fuckfest by our health establishment to ignore what the far east (did and do). Indeed, the Guardian and BBC was still following this shit advice at the end of April. Total arrogance and the biggest mistake of all as this led to an extra 24% to 50% cases and deaths.
As to opening up. The massive recession that is coming will kill many thousands over the next few years so we need to open the economy up as soon as we can to mininise the effects. We can play whack-a-mole and local lock down to take local outbreaks down. I don't believe we can wait too much longer.
The bit you’ve added on I agree with completely.
Locking down for an extra 3 weeks won’t cripple the economy anymore than what it already is. Opening up too soon could have a far worse effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.