COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know a bit more about Leicester's 'lockdown' - is it that they are staying as is with no more relaxations on July 4th? or are they having to go home from work, everything shut etc like before?

how do they monitor this? where does the boundary end?

It's good that they've shut shops in Leicester, but you can still drive to Nottingham, Rugby, or Coventry, and nobody is going to bat an eyelid.

It's hardly "lockdown".

Leicester footballers can still travel to play Everton on Wednesday, ironically.

This is the government’s opportunity to finally get something right since this all began. You would have thought more stringent measures such as roadblocks and put a curfew in place for two weeks to curb this out break. Now it means if I live in Leicester I can just get in the car and go to the pub 5 minutes outside of the locality on Saturday.

It’s really mixed messaging throwing boozers open across the country but then moving Leicester back to stay at home. I would imagine yo-yoing in an out of lockdown isn’t good for a local economy neither.

does anyone know a bit more about Leicester's 'lockdown' - is it that they are staying as is with no more relaxations on July 4th? or are they having to go home from work, everything shut etc like before?

how do they monitor this? where does the boundary end?
It's a soundbite, to pretend they are actually doing something

This is the government’s opportunity to finally get something right since this all began. You would have thought more stringent measures such as roadblocks and put a curfew in place for two weeks to curb this out break. Now it means if I live in Leicester I can just get in the car and go to the pub 5 minutes outside of the locality on Saturday.

It’s really mixed messaging throwing boozers open across the country but then moving Leicester back to stay at home. I would imagine yo-yoing in an out of lockdown isn’t good for a local economy neither.

Imagine you are a food place or pub and have just stocked up with food and drink then 4 days before you get told you can't open. Could be the final nail in the coffin for some of these places.

i mean, it does seem that way
I just think that any 2nd shutdown, locally or nationally, will be so much harder for the government to enforce.
The mixed messages they've sent has meant a lot of people think the pandemic is basically over and it was all a load of fuss over nothing.
Younger people especially, can be forgiven for thinking that's the case

I just think that any 2nd shutdown, locally or nationally, will be so much harder for the government to enforce.
The mixed messages they've sent has meant a lot of people think the pandemic is basically over and it was all a load of fuss over nothing.
Younger people especially, can be forgiven for thinking that's the case

if you live in Leicester you just use your common sense, infection rate is too high so stay in and isolate

This is Birmingham yesterday, all this to meet a "Youtube star" no wonder the midlands is becoming a hotspot again.

30180416-8470401-image-a-35_1593432020559.jpg

30180422-8470401-image-a-42_1593432071980.jpg
The total lack of face coverings worn while in crowded areas is a big issue in Brum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.