COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the government’s opportunity to finally get something right since this all began. You would have thought more stringent measures such as roadblocks and put a curfew in place for two weeks to curb this out break. Now it means if I live in Leicester I can just get in the car and go to the pub 5 minutes outside of the locality on Saturday.

It’s really mixed messaging throwing boozers open across the country but then moving Leicester back to stay at home. I would imagine yo-yoing in an out of lockdown isn’t good for a local economy neither.
It won't be that simple. You have to give your details in at the bar.

It won't be that simple. You have to give your details in at the bar.

I think we all know that won't work particularly well sadly! It's pretty obvious people will just end up giving fake details, and I also suspect most bars will just give up after meeting a bit of resistance when asking.

I think we all know that won't work particularly well sadly! It's pretty obvious people will just end up giving fake details, and I also suspect most bars will just give up after meeting a bit of resistance when asking.
I'd imagine people will be asked for proof of ID and address in certain areas, if not all. Not to mention car registration.

the pubs having all this personal data is a bit of a minefield - i believe someone in NZ got in a lot of trouble as they were contacting customers they liked the look of.

anyway i think they have to delete the data under GDPR with a certain timeframe, but then surely it all depends on whether the person is infected or comes into contact with infected folks, and the data is used for track and trace. Which doesnt work.

There's going to be an awful lot of Adam Smith's going for a pint this weekend.

the pubs having all this personal data is a bit of a minefield - i believe someone in NZ got in a lot of trouble as they were contacting customers they liked the look of.

anyway i think they have to delete the data under GDPR with a certain timeframe, but then surely it all depends on whether the person is infected or comes into contact with infected folks, and the data is used for track and trace. Which doesnt work.

There's going to be an awful lot of Adam Smith's going for a pint this weekend.

I've had a fair bit to do with GDPR as it rolled out, let's just say that any pub writing names and address down on a piece of paper will be in breach of it.

I've had a fair bit to do with GDPR as it rolled out, let's just say that any pub writing names and address down on a piece of paper will be in breach of it.

yes, i would have thought so.

i suppose most pubs are not going to allow folk in off the street, but only pre-booked tables? in which case electronically collecting data becomes easier

No Graph today as cant upload it at the moment.

as of the end of week ending 19 June we are now under the 5 year average on deaths.

speculation: Will 2020 total deaths from all causes be roughly in line with the long term average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.