COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think most of these 2000 are asymptomatic. Suppose we'll see in a month how these cases pan out.

How many people died of the virus in the UK yesterday if we counted the figures in the same way as Spain does? Every death is very sad but the answer is very few. We also know from the Tebas scandal that there are allegations of deliberate delayed reporting in Spain that might exclude Covid sufferers from the national stats.

The virus is still very serious and we may well see a second wave but comparing Spanish and UK stats is like apples and pairs.

I’ve just seen the Deputy Chief of Oldham Council on the news saying the spike in cases is purely socio economic and residents have behaved impeccably. I assume she is not a member of the Glodwick Reds.

Reactions: ell
2 dead today in Spain. UK over a 100. Makes you wonder how political all this posturing is.
It's nothing to do with the deaths but an increase in the rate of infections in Spain albeit only in certain parts.

Hydroxychloroquine is the cure. All over FB. 12 top doctors giving advice again today after the media shut down the original conference yesterday. The Lancet had to retract a report because it was factually untrue. All trials were given 2400mg on the first day when all that is needed is 200mg twice a week with zinc everyday.Thousands of doses have been prescribed to Americans and nobody died. Big Pharma and the media is the problem. Trumps cut thru the crap and just loaned Koday $700m to produce cheap drugs
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...B2q58fRUujCyqnwdHFpNCy2XdnqbhyxAYanmdrCP8VDcA

One doctor said that if this drug is used for early stage covid and prevention the virus will be gone in 30 days

Last edited:
It's nothing to do with the deaths but an increase in the rate of infections in Spain albeit only in certain parts.

I think there is also an issue that we have no confidence in how the Spanish have reworked their stats, mate. IIRC, Spain is the worst in the world (excluding very small countries) for excess deaths.

I think there is also an issue that we have no confidence in how the Spanish have reworked their stats, mate. IIRC, Spain is the worst in the world (excluding very small countries) for excess deaths.

'we have no confidence'. Who is we? You?

I have far more confidence in Pedro Sanchez than I do in the serial liars running the UK.

They changed their reporting a while ago to only report on deaths registered within the last 24 hours. Because of the way their systems are set up registrations invariably take longer than 24 hours thus they went from hundreds of deaths to 0 overnight. Coincidentally just as the tourist season was beginning to start and they wanted people to come and stay there. Strange really...

Nearly 2000 new cases though. So in reality more like 7000 due to the asymptomatic nature of most cases.
I posted earlier that 94 percent of those tested as positive contacts of outbreaks here in Almeria were actually asymptomatic.
Very few deaths now but in 1 st wave only those showing symptoms were tested. Now all contacts are being tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.