COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for this as I'm sure this question has been asked and answered dozens of times before on here but what is going on with that death from March? I can understand it taking a few days or even weeks to confirm deaths and causes etc but that's from 5 months ago? That was pre-lockdown!
People are staying on ventilators for several months and even when off can only be minimally conscious and have a long way to go,they still die then

All settings deaths 12.

It was 102 last Tuesday by the old measure.

But that has been revised down to 13!

So goodness knows what the other 89 were.

Last edited:
People are staying on ventilators for several months and even when off can only be minimally conscious and have a long way to go,they still die then
That is true but doesn't actually affect a death in March I think most people are taken off ventialtors when they actually die. ;-)

Yeah but this death occurred more than 5 months ago, so it has nothing to do with ventilators or being minimally conscious.

Most likely the outcome of an inquest I would think, inquests were pretty much canned when lockdown started.

Yeah but this death occurred more than 5 months ago, so it has nothing to do with ventilators or being minimally conscious.

Most likely the outcome of an inquest I would think, inquests were pretty much canned when lockdown started.
Oh I see,i read it wrong,yeah a delayed inquest is likely then

At the moment still no case data to bring regional or local scores sadly. If it turns up I will.

But hospital data is here.

Patients in hospital show:

Scotland + 6 to 254 Wales stays at 71. Northern Ireland is now just 2 in hospital.

And England since yesterday is - 27 to 545.

So that makes 872 in UK hospitals with Covid.

Last Tuesday it was 951.

Last edited:
Same data for UK ventilator patients

Scotland is at 3 as it has been for some time now.

N Ireland went back to 0 today.

Wales has 3 fewer than yesterday to equal 3 in total.

And England has 3 fewer on ventilators to be down at 64.

So that is a good fall in numbers today taking us to just 70 for the UK.

That is down from 73 last Tuesday.

Finally (unless they find the cases down the back of the sofa) the regional England hospital update to today from yesterday.

Like almost everything today good news.

East patients fell from 53 to 44 ventilator from 8 to 6

London patients fell from 97 to 89 ventilator stay at 19

Midlands patients rose (third day running) from 142 to 145 ventilator stay at 6

North East & Yorks patients fell from 97 to 88 ventilator stay at 7

South East patients rose from 56 to 57 ventilator stay at 9

South West patients stay at 19 and ventilator stay at 1

As for the North West We did not make it to sub 100 in hospital for first time since records started in March but maybe tomorrow as we are at a new low after another fall (four days straight numbers have gone down)

NW patients fell from 108 to 103 and ventilator fell from 17 to 16.

This time last week there were 141 in NW hospitals and 21 on ventilators.

As I say hard not to spin this positively again. And certainly no evidence at all of the outbreaks in the NW yet turning into rising hospital admissions or deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.