COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this needs to be taken with a lot of caution.
The statements made by the ISID president elect (and the papers on D614G mutation) say "may be" - it is not definitive at the moment.

As far as I can tell, the mutated form has been recorded more commonly, but it doesn't mean the original form is not out there still, and doesn't mean that any resistance to any more dangerous form is given.
It's a bit like Trump's "more positive tests, less deaths" as a measure of danger.

Yeah this is an old ( Original ) mutation from February they are referencing. I linked to a video about this mutation here.

Yeah this is an old ( Original ) mutation from February they are referencing. I linked to a video about this mutation here.

Yes, it takes a while before they can collate data and report on it. There will be a lot of these mutations, as they use them to track the virus.

Most importantly, it's "it may be" not "it is".

For what it is worth here are the 3 August deaths and how the impact our tables.

17 Aug added 0 = 0 after one day.

16 Aug added 0 = 0 after 2 days (this is the first time that two days have added 0 deaths back to back btw).

15 Aug added 2 - 3 after 3 days. (both deaths in NW)

14 Aug added 1 = 3 after 4 days (death in NW)

13 Aug added 0 = 3 after 5 days (needless to say this is the lowest 5 day total since it first happened on 5 Aug). (That date 13 days later btw is now at just 5)

As you can see the numbers really are now getting to the almost too low to comment on level.

Here are the last 10 five day totals with their current number after add ons in brackets. If there is no bracket no deaths have been added since they reached 5 days.

From 4 Aug to 13 Aug in order

6 (7), 3 (5), 6, 4, 5, 5, 6, 10 (11), 4, 3.

As you can see just 4 deaths added in total to them all over the past 10 days.

So the average is just over 5 per day however you measure it.

Last edited:
For what it is worth here are the 3 August deaths and how the impact our tables.

17 Aug added 0 = 0 after one day.

16 Aug added 0 = 0 after 2 days (this is the first time that two days have added 0 deaths back to back btw).

15 Aug added 2 - 3 after 3 days. (both deaths in NW)

14 Aug added 1 = 3 after 4 days

13 Aug added 0 = 3 after 5 days (needless to say this is the lowest 5 day total since it first happened on 5 Aug). (That date 13 days later btw is now at just 5)

As you can see the numbers really are now getting to the almost too low to comment on level.

Here are the last 10 five day totals with their current number after add ons in brackets.

From 4 Aug to 13 Aug in order

6 (7), 3 (5), 6, 4, 5, 5, 6, 10 (11), 4, 3.

As you can see just 4 deaths added in total to them all over the past 10 days.

So the average is just over 5 per day however you measure it.

yep it seems a lot more under control now

For a headline number how about this -

Only 13 deaths have so far been added in total to the last SIX days (up to yesterday) in England hospitals.

A comparative number for the last six days of July was 30.

It was 109 for the last 6 days of June. And 469 for the last 6 days of May. And 1561 for the last 6 days of April.

Last edited:
So the reorganisation of Public Health England is now looking more like a closure / privatisation with Pfizer invited to Hancock briefings that members of the press were excluded from. PHE staff have been told that there will be no changes to terms and conditions of service until the Spring but that's really the shortest employment law timetable to consult and implement changes.

PHE may well have been poor but what review has been undertaken to establish what design / nature of organisation would be fit for purpose. One of the most glaring areas of incompetence was not having local public health teams in local authorities ready to support track and trace early on but I don't see how this addresses that? Dido Harding's performance appears mixed too but she will be in charge of the new organisation.

My main issue was not with debatable cases being counted as Covid, rather their inclusion in the daily figures with the affect of denting morale and potentially influencing the decisions of policy makers. I have been critical of the Government (and rightly so) but have you criticised left wing activists using the misleading daily figures to support their agendas. I am thinking about the Tweets showing the UK having more Covid deaths than the rest of Europe combined that were shared by pop stars and actors etc, who could say they were highlighting UK Daily mortality stats. These deaths were often from weeks and months ago and probably included some people who had recovered from Covid and died from other causes.
I haven't followed what the left wing have been doing,doing figures daily was accepted by every country as the way to do it at the time,i have no problem adjusting the numbers but I want to see the details and not just take their word for it that it is being done right,putting a time limit on it screams fixing the numbers for political gain,the drs know what is what and no some government minister

Yet again data issues! A new health body. Same mess.

No number of tests available or breakdown of cases.

This is getting utterly farcical.

Someone is working on it. Don't hold your breath.

The International Society of Infectious Diseases - whoever they are - is suggesting the virus has mutated recently (especially in Europe) and is now more infectious than it was but less deadly.

No idea how credible this is. But it would fit what we are seeing.

As does the WHO statement today that globally under 50s are now driving up the case numbers pretty much everywere as these are as we have long known less likely to get very sick or die than those older.

Also that, whilst still infectious, a high percentage of them are asymptomatic as they spread it.
It had mutated 33 times months ago so I am sure it will have done it some more by now,that will be the problem for a vaccine and why the scientists are very clear about saying if we get a vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.