COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite true, although it never needed the field hospitals and extra ventilators, the hospitals were very full and the icu needed to be expanded including using some operating theatre icu / ventilators.
Not saying we , at the moment, need stronger measures than we currently have in place. We can’t afford to go back to normal yet though.

This is about as true as it gets. My brother works as a pharmacist at the MRI, and got and recovered from the Rona. His and many colleagues opinions is whilst a problem that needs to be taken seriously with proper precautions, the effect on the NHS, whilst reasonable, hasn't been nearly as bad as expected.

This is about as true as it gets. My brother works as a pharmacist at the MRI, and got and recovered from the Rona. His and many colleagues opinions is whilst a problem that needs to be taken seriously with proper precautions, the effect on the NHS, whilst reasonable, hasn't been nearly as bad as expected.

That’s why when they had the worse of it there was 4 wards full of covid patients icu hdu recovery and ward 14 don’t talk through your rectum

That’s why when they had the worse of it there was 4 wards full of covid patients icu hdu recovery and ward 14 don’t talk through your rectum
I dont know first hand pal, all I can tell you is what my brother told me who has literally worked on the Covid wards in the MRI and happened to have the pleasure of catching it himself whilst doing his job. All I'm doing is passing on what he told me.

Quote: "not as bad as everyone makes out."

I dont know first hand pal, all I can tell you is what my brother told me who has literally worked on the Covid wards in the MRI and happened to have the pleasure of catching it himself whilst doing his job. All I'm doing is passing on what he told me.

Quote: "not as bad as everyone makes out."

At one time the mri alone had 200 patients and even went on to the children’s ward to use beds they used cardiac icu as a icu for patients without covid, believe me I do know 1st hand mate.

I think the idiots who say this is a hoax need to engage the brains a bit more. I have had one member of the Supporters Club Branch I run saying our / the UK’s numbers are greatly exaggerated without realising a member has lost their Dad to the virus. They didn’t mean any specific harm and it’s a side affect of many people treating their politics like their football team since the Brexit vote (both on the far left and the far right).

I think the idiots who say this is a hoax need to engage the brains a bit more. I have had one member of the Supporters Club Branch I run saying our / the UK’s numbers are greatly exaggerated without realising a member has lost their Dad to the virus. They didn’t mean any specific harm and it’s a side affect of many people treating their politics like their football team since the Brexit vote (both on the far left and the far right).

Saying it's a hoax and it has been exaggerated are nowhere near the same thing. It is clearly very real, had it been overestimated again it's pretty obvious that is also the case. It had to be though as it was totally unknown, but now we do know more about it we should be moving quicker. I can't see how furlough can end in October as it stands.

Hi and good evening. Firstly thank you for all the work you do on this thread making it digestible reading for the masses. I wonder if you could do me a favour and give me your take on Spain. I notice from the WHO website the infections are increasing at worrying levels. What is your take on Spain for the next fortnight and do you see a continuation of the trend.

Sorry, I would not do that as I do not know enough about the country to make opinions any more than guesswork. I may cite data from other countries if it matches what is happening in the UK but everywhere has faced their own pandemic and handled it in differing ways thanks to the politics and geography and demography of that nation and how early or late they became involved and how rapidly they reacted to the advance in knowledge of this virus (which has occurred at an astonishing rate but is still happening daily).

Reaction times to these things differ widely but matter in every country. Yet bottom line is always that they all have to balance long term damage versus short term inpact and mitigating the immediate disaster. And nobody has the perfect answer to that connundrum.

I appreciate that forums are about opinions but I stick to the things I can defend with evidence and its hard enough keeping up with the UK situation.

So please accept my apologies for not being able to help.

For new testing sites about to open ...

Great Ancoats Street (opposite Aldi) ...... this will open this Tuesday Sept 1st , the first of the four.
Abraham Moss centre, Cheetham Hill
Denmark Road sports Hall , Moss Side
Belle Vue sports village car park

Last edited:
Reports from Indonesia today that the recent increase in cases they are seeing there is down to a mutation in Covid which is more infectious but milder in impact.

That would not be an altogether surprising development though it tends to take time for such things to happen with viruses (years rather than months). But if this becomes dominant globally it would be good news.

They could, of course. just be seeing the different demographics of those catching it with younger doing so and more vulnerable still self protecting.So we need details to be sure here.

Plus it might not become a global spread of this milder version anyway, of course.

843, 149 have died globally from Covid since December. And 25 million cases are known from testing. But the true figure is believed in excess of 100 million have had it as most countries only test those who are showing signs or are known contacts. And many will have been neither based on what we know.

At least 16 million are known to have had it and are now considered to be recovered from it.

Some sobering data there mostly using WHO figures.

Contrast that with Eyam in Derbyshire where they are having to commemorate the sacrifice of the village over 350 years ago this weekend without the usual coming together as they always do. In 1665 when the plague hit there was little they could do to stop it but they chose to self isolate and stop it spreading and between a third and half of the villagers are thought to have died.

When you think of the fuss over not being able to go to the pub for a couple of weeks it puts things in perspective.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.