COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they don’t lie, students in halls are going to spread it amongst themselves , is that bad as long as they don’t take it home not sure it is.
It doesn’t follow though that they are all misbehaving and having parties,unless they stay shut in their rooms they are using common facilities, and living in the same blocks.
My argument is with you saying when shopping or out and about the young are worse than middle aged or old people for wearing masks and sanitising when they aren’t.
. I can only speak for my area, it is a high geriatric area and not many are taking chances for obvious reasons , it is the young not wearing masks and in groups , no doubt every area is different but the infection numbers are what they are

Of course they don’t lie, students in halls are going to spread it amongst themselves , is that bad as long as they don’t take it home not sure it is.
It doesn’t follow though that they are all misbehaving and having parties,unless they stay shut in their rooms they are using common facilities, and living in the same blocks.
My argument is with you saying when shopping or out and about the young are worse than middle aged or old people for wearing masks and sanitising when they aren’t.
The gov today saying if the kids are sticking to the rules then they can go home for the holidays , good luck with that , unless tbey are tested before they leave uni then it will be getting spread at home

Depends how you look at it.
The person who designed the test being used behind the stats has quite clearly said it should not be used to test for the virus..he says the results will not be accurate.
The virus has not been isolated.it picks up residual evidence of any previous cold/flu bacteria that the tested person has had in the past.

This is the main argument behind the 'False Posistive' view...
When the person who designed the test voices his concerns ,perhaps the rest of us should listen.
it doesnt pick up colds or flu, it is covid specific and in the grand scheme of things the false results are not that many

The gov today saying if the kids are sticking to the rules then they can go home for the holidays , good luck with that , unless tbey are tested before they leave uni then it will be getting spread at home
They won’t be coming home until December the testing for campuses should be on top of it by then. My sons seems fairly on top of testing already.

The numbers amongst 15-19 years age group has only particularly shot up so high since the universities opened. I don't think it's fair to stereotype the group so much. They'd have been going to pubs (or at least the older bunch) long before the uni's opened.
The numbers amongst 15-19 years age group has only particularly shot up so high since the universities opened. I don't think it's fair to stereotype the group so much. They'd have been going to pubs (or at least the older bunch) long before the uni's opened.
next group up a well

The numbers of infections per age group dont lie, if the rule is dont mix then dont mix
According to Google there are 2.5m students in the UK. Presumably the vast majority of them are acting reasonably so I am not signed up to the media witchunt being orchestrated by the tabloid press. Next week the media will move onto another scapegoat. This country has become a very nasty place.

They won’t be coming home until December the testing for campuses should be on top of it by then. My sons seems fairly on top of testing already.
That is good to hear , i used to have more fun in the nurses home than going home , maybe just forgoe one dec 25th at home, there are a hundred ways to eat your dinner and be with your family virtually , this is not the 80's

According to Google there are 2.5m students in the UK. Presumably the vast majority of them are acting reasonably so I am not signed up to the media witchunt being orchestrated by the tabloid press. Next week the media will move onto another scapegoat. This country has become a very nasty place.
I dont read the media, i just look at the numbers

17 all settings deaths. Last week it was 18. This is a nice surprise even though weekend data is low its the first week to week fall in a while.

And another fall in new cases too. 5693. That was 3899 last week.

Unfortunately they have not updated the testing numbers for the last two days of these falls of 1200 cases in 48 hours and the last one they did tell us (25 Sep) was a record high number of tests at just under a quarter of a million.

More likely it will be less than that as it often is over the weekend. But still this looks good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.