COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not true tho. When you look at excess deaths you would see a large spike in non covid deaths if they were trying to “hide” it like that but that spike isn’t there.

So maybe its obesity and underlying pulmonary illness that is causing it, with both being linked to higher risk of death due to covid. I understand we have the highest levels of obesity in europe and are near the worst for underlying pulmonary illness aswell. or is it because the NHS isnt as good as nearly every other health care system in the world including tin pot disctatorship states like Russia?

I’ve just listened to a researcher on the news who has developed Covid detection through checking peoples irises. It’s been tested at Oxford John Radcliffe Hospital and they are hoping to get regulatory approval in between 3 and 6 months. The researcher said it would be a very cost effective and faster test (results in a couple of minutes) that would be ideal for schools, airports etc.

More ID invasion then.

So maybe its obesity and underlying pulmonary illness that is causing it, with both being linked to higher risk of death due to covid. I understand we have the highest levels of obesity in europe and are near the worst for underlying pulmonary illness aswell. or is it because the NHS isnt as good as nearly every other health care system in the world including tin pot disctatorship states like Russia?

Population health could be part of it yep. But from Germany’s point of view i do think the quality of there health system does have a lot to do with it. They have a larger and better funded system, they don’t send people home early to free up beds and have a large chunk of beds set aside ready to cope with really bad Flu seasons.

So my hunch is that when elderly got they were brought in and kept in hospital isolated where as we sent them back to care homes with it. Or not bought into hospitals at all. That way there elderly population were far better protected.

I wouldn’t trust Russia figures at all tho.

Scottish data delayed for a short while. No explanation why as yet.

But here is the Wales data this week v last week v 2 weeks ago

3 deaths today v 2 deaths v 0 deaths

950 cases today v 467 v 432 - big increase today.

8.0% positive v 2.4% v 4,0%

England hospital deaths not good for a weekend sadly.

61 with 24 from the North West.

Last week it was 32 with 14 from the NW.

Details of England hospital deaths,

17 Oct adds 9 = 9 after 1 day. (last Sunday it was 5 added to comparative day)

16 Oct adds 32 = 42 after 2 days (last week 15 were added to the comparative day)

15 Oct adds 10 = 69 after three days (second consecutive 3 day total at 69)

14 Oct adds 0 = 69 after four days

13 Oct adds 2 = 64 after five days, (The last three five day totals have been 64, 66 and 64). - last time that happened is 6,7.8 June)

Other add ons. 3 added to 11 Oct taking total to 72.

Last time any date has had 70 + deaths attributed to it is 10 June.

10 Oct adds 1 = 57, 9 Oct adds 1 = 47, 8 Oct adds 1 = 55, 5 Oct adds 1 = 37, 4 Oct adds 1 = 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.