COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are entitled to deny everything, it doesn't stop it from being the truth that our actions affect each other. You can stick your fingers in your ears and scream, or make it sound philosophical. But you'll still be doing the same thing, refusing to take personal responsibility. Responsibility has always gone hand in hand with freedom. That's democracy.

Part of the price we pay for preserving our freedoms is knowing some people will always play it so they don't take responsibility. You can face that, or you can wrap it up in words, deny all knowledge of risk, or the effects our actions have. But they are not in question. The doctors and scientists have reached a consensus view.

The fact is, the more people refuse to follow the measures now, the more restrictions we will face, and for longer. That, again, is society, medicine, government and the judiciary all doing what they always do, what they always have done - managing the balance between our individuals freedom and the harm we can do to each other and the country.

BBC News?

Regional scoreboard is great news for the NW - despite the 3000 rise in cases today,

London 2540 - up from 2023

Midlands 3233 - up from 2002

North East 1290 - down from 1556

Yorkshire 3025 - up from 2907

But the NW fared very well again: 2673 - down from 3120. Aside from 2 days ago this is the lowest number in the region for two months.

And again NW not most cases - but number three - and London the closest ever at just 133 less cases when it ewas thousands not that long ago.

So the 3000 extra cases today seem to have mostly gone south not north.

And I respect that to be your choice, and it is a choice we all can make. Somehow we have got to this crazy situation, where seeing your extended family on Christmas is no longer a choice, Hence why so many will be giving the government the middle finger! I know you and a few others on here are really passionate about us all being locked down and are quite terrified of this virus, but don't expect us all to feel the same. And please try not to wish ill or harm on individuals who don't feel how you do.

I think the only sensible way to view it is "Are you happy putting your elderly relatives at risk of death". I wont be seeing my family this Christmas, My mum has bad COPD and my Dad has a history of heart and general health issues and they both in there 70's.

they are probably at a 1 in 10 to maybe 1 in 5 chance of dieing if they get it.

if you have no elderly relatives left then it eases that burden.

This is an extraordinarily good day for Greater Manchester too.

Lowest numbers in 7 weeks. And down to 43% of the NW total. Lowest in some time too

Just 1150 cases. 7 days ago it was 2587.

Almost everywhere down to incredibly low numbers. Only two boroughs rose - and Stockport did the most of the two by going up just 10. Wigan nearly beat Stockport. Trafford had the lowest score and pop score rise in GM in about 2 or 3 months and Manchester is at its lowest for months too.

The highest number we had today was 165 (not that long ago that would have been the best in a day we could hope for) and the gap between the cases scored by all 10 boroughs was the lowest I have seen it in months.

This is actually starting to look like GM looked in the Summer. Though there is a way to go yet to reach those kind of numbers the feel of the boroughs is one of uniformity not major spikes in badly impacted boroughs.

Wigan's turnabout is starting to be as remarkable its sudden disaster was in August/September.

Either way these numbers are so good I almost doubt them,

But assuming they are real something is going right in the NW.

I don't wear a mask for health reasons , you would be surprised how much damage wearing a mask can do for your long term health particularly if you keep one for long periods of time.

Masks should be individual choice taking your own health and your own circumstance into consideration.
They are an individual choice, businesses have decided to follow the guidance and so if you choose not to, you simply can't enter their place of business. The same way you wouldn't be allowed in waving a sword around.

There are plenty of alternative options to get what you need in terms of basic survival. Anything else you're not entitled to.

It's comfortably the second worst today behind Cheesy, with hogwash about masks when everyone knows their importance and benefit and the danger posed by those in enclosed spaces who don't wear them.

Would have been more honest for them to just admit they're not a decent, responsible human being and be done with it.
As you are part of the gloom gang thats taken over this thread ill take you snotty comment with a pinch of salt.
Thanks though

Only if you have the virus PATD you cannot spread something you don't have and not if you social distance and have covid safe shops.

Given the droplets are too dense to do anything other than drop onto a flat surface it would be better if everyone wore gloves because its far less likely you will inhale touch your nose and mouth wearing gloves especially leather ones than wearing a mask that itches and scratches and cause acne break outs and rashes and increase the chances of breathing in Co2 etc etc.

Can't figure out why glove sales haven't gone through the roof to be honest.

I don't wear a mask for health reasons , you would be surprised how much damage wearing a mask can do for your long term health particularly if you keep one for long periods of time.

Masks should be individual choice taking your own health and your own circumstance into consideration.

Forcing someone to wear one and having a fine hanging on the end of not wearing one does not for a better more democratic society make.

In saying that its no surprise that on 3.5 per cent of those fined to date in Australia have paid them and the rest won't get prosecuted because prosecutions have ground to a stand still in the Magistrates Courts due to the Covid Response.

i have a case in court against a sociopathic thug going on or not as they case may be at present as the matter has been adjourned for 12 months.

Unheard cases in Melbourne are up 1000 fold in the past 8 months (LOL).

plenty of criminals that should be in jail or sacked from their jobs getting a free pass.

55.6 million cases reported to date probably more like 300 million IMO still only 4 per cent of the world population.

1.3 million reported dead with or from the virus most of those with rather than from probably more like 3 million in truth.

Pandemic yes , high transmission yes , take seriously yes , overreach by government in response yes.

the old saying if you want to waste a dollar give it to governments and bureaucrats to spend , if you want a poor response to a health issue give it to government to handle it.

mental health visitations , elective surgeries , suicides , build up of screens , business collapses , rent reduction , bankruptcies , domestic violence , divorce increased many fold I could go on.

Too many countries have over reacted to the virus , spread unnecessary fear and made poor decisions when it comes to quarantine protocol and not protected the vulnerable.

How about that idiot in New York that sent covid positive people into nursing homes FFS.

He not only should have sacked and replace by a pot plant ( living one ) but court marshalled and jailed to join some covid positive prisoners yet half the population in New York still suffering from Stockholm Syndrome still think he did a good job.
I don't think any country has spread fear because fear isn't the reason for the response. The response to the pandemic was out of saving lives and not fear. Lockdown was necessary not just to save lives but also so we can do all the things you claim we are missing like saving people from heart attacks.

Too much emphasis is placed upon cases and deaths as numbers in the media but nearly nothing is said about the effect COVID has by every positive case. Whilst 50,000 deaths may not seem a lot, the extra tens of thousands that have been flooding into hospitals makes treatment of any condition eventually impossible, and that's forgetting this is an infectious disease requiring considerable resources (PPE, costly drugs, segregated wards, ventilators etc).

In Italy and Texas they have death panels to decide amongst whole spectrums of cases whether those people deserve treatment or not, I.E, who should die? This is an impossible situation to put healthcare professionals in and in any medical or safety critical field you consider prevention before treatment.

It's fine saying masks are a load of rubbish but for 99% of people it inflicts no personal harm and it makes no difference whatsoever to their daily lives. If it could quite possibly save a single life then they should just wear them. We wear seatbelts don't we but we don't question the freedoms and liberties of being tied into a car....

This is what healthcare professionals are facing on a daily basis:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.