COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, thank you. It was one of those rare evenings recently where things felt relatively normal.
Good I'm glad you did.

We're having a day and night out next week, a lunchtime meal in a posh hotel nearby, visiting a christmas fayre and light show at a NT place, then a night in the posh hotel, in their second most expensive room. In normal times I could have had a week in Spain for the price, not one night out, but I intend it to be a special day, as we've not had many this year.

Oh and we won't be breaking any rules either.

Reactions: Ric
Listened to an interesting panel discussion earlier where one speaker made the point that we’ll likely see a shift in authority as we transition out of the pandemic. Whereas the State has taken the authority so far and determined what people can and cannot do, increasingly it will be the private sector that will control what people can and cannot do, with health passports being requested for entry into premises and events. The State will as likely not object, as it will serve as a spur to encourage people to be vaccinated and thus nudge the country up to herd immunity.

Yes, thank you. It was one of those rare evenings recently where things felt relatively normal.

thats what we all want normal. 2020 has reset expectations such that normal is the new brilliant.

gtr manchester has been treated harshly during Covid .

when other areas were frustrated we were going into a new lockdown we in Manchester had already been in it again for 2 months . We then lockdown cases fell in many parts and yet we are effectively still in lockdown.

we have not been able to do basic things for months , go to a cafe, bar, pub or restaurant. never mind visit family or friends.

it’s easy for those who have not been under lockdown for the 6 months we have in Manchester to snipe and say god do you need a pint that much , or you are selfish for daring to go down the road for a bit of normality.
but it is hard and good on you for seeking it for your family.

Listened to an interesting panel discussion earlier where one speaker made the point that we’ll likely see a shift in authority as we transition out of the pandemic. Whereas the State has taken the authority so far and determined what people can and cannot do, increasingly it will be the private sector that will control what people can and cannot do, with health passports being requested for entry into premises and events. The State will as likely not object, as it will serve as a spur to encourage people to be vaccinated and thus nudge the country up to herd immunity.

Yep it won't be forced, but they'll make it difficult to live your life without it. And when the small businesses have been killed off what choice is left? You won't have the corner shop to go to but will need your papers to go to tesco. But the government are intertwined with large private corporations, 2020 was interesting, but 2021 will probably be more so.

thats what we all want normal. 2020 has reset expectations such that normal is the new brilliant.

gtr manchester has been treated harshly during Covid .

when other areas were frustrated we were going into a new lockdown we in Manchester had already been in it again for 2 months . We then lockdown cases fell in many parts and yet we are effectively still in lockdown.

we have not been able to do basic things for months , go to a cafe, bar, pub or restaurant. never mind visit family or friends.

it’s easy for those who have not been under lockdown for the 6 months we have in Manchester to snipe and say god do you need a pint that much , or you are selfish for daring to go down the road for a bit of normality.
but it is hard and good on you for seeking it for your family.

The sad thing about pubs being closed, is I remember in the summer when the cases and deaths were down, most pubs I went to really got their 5hit in order, and everyone was respecting the entrance points and the rules, at least where I went...

The sad thing about pubs being closed, is I remember in the summer when the cases and deaths were down, most pubs I went to really got their 5hit in order, and everyone was respecting the entrance points and the rules, at least where I went...

I regularly went to pubs in August and September. From my experience, the pubs made a big effort to make it a safe environment and not uneccessarily compromise customers. However, I found it a bit of a joyless experience. It was bad enough paying c£5 for a pint before the pandemic but to pay that much and be so restricted was a bit much (not the fault of the landlords just the situation).

This weekend, two mates and I will be meeting up at a pub. We are restricted to eating outside in the rain and in 6 degree temps. That's the best we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.