COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what we all want normal. 2020 has reset expectations such that normal is the new brilliant.

gtr manchester has been treated harshly during Covid .

when other areas were frustrated we were going into a new lockdown we in Manchester had already been in it again for 2 months . We then lockdown cases fell in many parts and yet we are effectively still in lockdown.

we have not been able to do basic things for months , go to a cafe, bar, pub or restaurant. never mind visit family or friends.

it’s easy for those who have not been under lockdown for the 6 months we have in Manchester to snipe and say god do you need a pint that much , or you are selfish for daring to go down the road for a bit of normality.
but it is hard and good on you for seeking it for your family.
I honestly think large areas of the country don’t know, or care, about the extreme restrictions parts of the NW have been under for months on end.

I regularly went to pubs in August and September. From my experience, the pubs made a big effort to make it a safe environment and not uneccessarily compromise customers. However, I found it a bit of a joyless experience. It was bad enough paying c£5 for a pint before the pandemic but to pay that much and be so restricted was a bit much (not the fault of the landlords just the situation).

This weekend, two mates and I will be meeting up at a pub. We are restricted to eating outside in the rain and in 6 degree temps. That's the best we can do.

Try living in Amsterdam mate, it's about that for half a pint of a decent IPA :-(

Over here they reduced the capacity to 30 a pub, terraced seating, table service only, and everyone respected it and even the odd drunk ( occasionally me ) who forgot got told the rules quickly remembered. It sucks people running those establishments are struggling. A local near me have converted an old volvo and drive around selling beer from kegs in the back of the car, really awesome to see such improvisation in these times.

Try living in Amsterdam mate, it's about that for half a pint of a decent IPA :-(

Over here they reduced the capacity to 30 a pub, terraced seating, table service only, and everyone respected it and even the odd drunk ( occasionally me ) who forgot got told the rules quickly remembered. It sucks people running those establishments are struggling. A local near me have converted an old volvo and drive around selling beer from kegs in the back of the car, really awesome to see such improvisation in these times.

That's £5 in the burbs, mate. Paid a lot more around Bank/Bishopgate.

I have no idea what restrictions are in place in Amsterdam. I like the idea of limiting numbers in pubs. No drinking limits or time slots?

As for being corrected, it has happened to me a few times too. Saying hello to someone I walked past on the way back from the loo was not allowed. Felt like a school kid.

That's £5 in the burbs, mate. Paid a lot more around Bank/Bishopgate.

I have no idea what restrictions are in place in Amsterdam. I like the idea of limiting numbers in pubs. No drinking limits or time slots?

As for being corrected, it has happened to me a few times too. Saying hello to someone I walked past on the way back from the loo was not allowed. Felt like a school kid.

Pretty similar, don't think as strict as the uk going on what I read on here and what I get told from back home. It's not to bad, the official lockdown is easier to deal with than the one my new mrs is trying to put on me. Nothing is open so I am running out of excuses to buy an evening for myself haha.

From the second lockdown starting early November for most of the time the weather was pretty good for this time of year, good winter golf weather. Cue the 2nd Dec and fantastic news Golf Courses can reopen, booked our lot in for this weekend, can't wait, rang the club this morning:

Course Closed

FFS

Anyone able to access this story?
It’s behind a paywall for me (apologies if already posted).8DEEA370-80B5-4CAC-85BA-998AD3B7D2B0.jpeg

Anyone able to access this story?
It’s behind a paywall for me (apologies if already posted).View attachment 6219
I could read part / maybe most of the article that covers Khaldoon. Increasing investments from the Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund in US companies by $11 billion / (that’s a 46% increase on US investments.

Khaldoon throught US sticks were undervalued and there would be very good value to invest if a vaccine(s) could be developed to tackle Covid. They are quids in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.