COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said earlier, whether the tiers are liked or not is irrelevant, if we dont stick to them, we invite unnecessary risk and with Vaccines around the corner, is it worth it?
Yet no one has an issue if he travels to work 2 miles away into a tier 2 area... or goes to the supermarket in a tier 2 area... the tiers are bollocks.

I just sent some flowers via interflora and their data base insisted on adding to the address that Manchester is in Lancashire. Perhaps Boris has secretly hacked it so if he releases GM from the restrictions nothing will change unless Lancashire is freed up too.

Lovely to have a coffee sat inside a Tier 2 Southport Costa this morning.

Its fucking barmy this system.

Must admit, im certainly appreciating the little things like that more since all this kicked off. Had a bacon barm from a local butchers this morning with a coffee and it felt so nice to just go and do that before a walk, even though it was ridiculously simple.

I agree it is barmy and unfair. But I cannot agree that means it is a good idea to ignore it.

That more or less makes the ones who refuse to accept the rules on a par with the ones who invented them.

Both are in part responsible for the consequences that will inevitably follow - hopefully NOT to a member of their family. But all too assuredly and tragically to a member of someone else's.

I agree it is barmy and unfair. But I cannot agree that means it is a good idea to ignore it.

That more or less makes the ones who refuse to accept the rules on a par with the ones who invented them.

Both are in part responsible for the consequences that will inevitably follow - hopefully NOT to a member of their family. But all too assuredly and tragically to a member of someone else's.
You're correct,i wasn't suggesting different.

My point was,rather than pissing about with a Tier system,we should all be under the same restrictions,rather than me travelling an hour up the road and being under different rules.

Wales data up first today - and sadly still going backwards.

Their circuit breaker really has not worked.

Details with 3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v today

Deaths 24 :-

Cases 1645: - shows their measures just did not work,

I think 1645 is one of the highest numbers they have ever had. From 17.3 K tests.

20d - 933c - 1080p - 72v

28d - 1016c - 1149p - 68v

29d - 1445c - 1134p - 69v

24d - 1645c - 1187p - 71v today

Last edited:
Scotland though much better news:

Deaths 22 - well down. Cases 777 at 4.5% positive. Patients 945 (down 20 in day) and ventilated beds 64 (down 1)

Scotland 3wks v 2 wks v last wk v TODAY

36d - 1118c - 1198p - 92v

37d - 897c - 1193p - 100v

44d - 788c - 1077p - 77v

22d - 777c - 945p - 64v TODAY

This looks a very hopeful downward track.

Scotland and NW England seem to have had a very similar downward course over the past 3 months despite being in two different lockdown regimes.

N Ireland and Wales both had similar circuit breakers and whilst both are now moving up Wales is worse than before the circuit breaker and N Ireland still better.

I hope experts are assessing how and why these different versions of measures worked or did not work as they havenot just blindly doing 'their' thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.